Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime problems

1. Senior Member

Bedtime problems

Advertisements
    DD will not go to bed until at least 11 oclock. I dont know how it got to be this late but I can't remember the last time she went to bed earlier. I have been taking advice and doing research on how to go about to get her to sleep earlier. I read that it is best for babies to go to bed early in order for them to sleep better. It made me feel like a bad mom.

When I try to put her down earlier she will go to sleep but always ends up waking up a little while later. What do I do at that point? Do I just let her stay in her crib? She will start crying and I am not a fan of CIO but I don't want to get her up and excited.

I just feel like I will never be able to get her on a better schedule.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Is she getting enough sleep? Tired, cranky, ect? If she is, it doesn't matter when. The books are all suggestions. Every child is different.

If you want, try moving everything up 30 min. That means being consistent with it. You will have to retrain yourself to help her out.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    She will sleep about 6-8 hours, get fed, then sleep another 4 hours. She still takes naps during the day and is a super happy baby. I would like for her to go to bed at least a little earlier so that I can get some things done and when dh come home we can have some time to ourselves. I think I'm just anxious about it cause it's going to take awhile for her to get used to it.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Honestly, at 3 months old there isn't much you can do. You can encourage wakefulness during the day and do a wind down routine at night, but our babies are simply too little for any meaningful sleep training. Their schedules are ruled by eating and peeing and growing. Some parents get lucky, some don't, but if you keep a regular routine and make the house quiet and calm everything down the same time every night when she is ready physically to respond, she will!

Good luck mama!

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We only got Wyatt on a solid, early sleep schedule at 8 months old (meaning going to bed before 10p and in his own crib). He's been sleeping completely through the night 13 hours in the last month or so.

She's still really little and by the time you think you have her figured out she'll go and switch it up on you again. Up until around 6mos, she'll be putting her own schedule together and you pretty much won't be able to do much about it. Even if you were for CIO, she's too little to understand it, anyway.

to you. Keep doing what you're doing, mama, if she's happy and sleeping at all, you're doing pretty dang good
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    What helps at our house is no napping after 430-5pm. It ensures they both go done around 7-8pm. And I've been following this since she was 1-2 months old.
    But I nurse her every time she wakes up at night then put her back down.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    What helps at our house is no napping after 430-5pm. It ensures they both go done around 7-8pm. And I've been following this since she was 1-2 months old.
    But I nurse her every time she wakes up at night then put her back down.
    That's what I ended up doing with Landon. Up until he was about 5 months old he didn't go to sleep any earlier than 11-12. It was extremely frustrating, because like you, I'd get him to bed around 8ish, but then he'd wake up at 10 wide awake and wouldn't go back down until around midnight.

8. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to just start getting her on a routine and take it from there. Just after reading that article that said its best for babies to go to sleep earlier, I got sad cause I thought I wasn't doing the best thing for her.
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jamison~ View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to just start getting her on a routine and take it from there. Just after reading that article that said its best for babies to go to sleep earlier, I got sad cause I thought I wasn't doing the best thing for her.
    I know what you mean On top of that, every book I read says babies are supposed to be sleeping between 11-14 hours total at night and I've never been able to get Landon to sleep for more than 8-9 hours total. I feel like I'm a failure

10. Senior Member
    Aidan still doesn't go to bed until after 10. But he sleeps 8-10 hours, so we just deal with it. I'm more of a night owl anyway, so it doesn't really bother me. Good luck! I hope you can get her to go to bed earlier.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast