Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: its hot urgh ... bf question :)

1. Senior Member

its hot urgh ... bf question :)

Advertisements
    It's hot here somewhere between the 75-85 the past few days . The apartments haven't switched over the AC yet.

does anyone else have a baby who only snacks during the hot hours , then attacks you as soon as the sun has set ?

when we get up DS2 will nurse for 30ish mins be awake or take a nap and nurse about an hr later ... then it starts to get hot... and he only nurses 5 or so mins when its hot ...then when the sun goes down he has pretty much nursed non stop since 8 with only short ten to fifteen min breaks...

i'm not concerned he has plenty of wet and poopy diapers . just curious
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  2. Senior Member
    that's how both of my girls were. I think the body heat on top of the high temperatures may keep them from wanting to nurse as much.
  3. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    I would always fan DD while nursing when she got hot to try to cool her off so she would eat enough during the day instead of lots of little sessions
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby