Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Breastfeeding Myths You Probably Believe Are True

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

5 Breastfeeding Myths You Probably Believe Are True

Advertisements
    Myths!

Great little article! I use to think one of these before I had dylan and started reading about breatfeeding.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I was never familiar with these before dd1. It wasn't until after I had been breastfeeding for a few months did I become familiar with a lot of misconceptions and misinformation. There's a lot of it. I've worked hard over the years to combat it.

One of the most annoying ones, "My baby is allergic to my milk." Uh, no, no such thing. Your baby is sensitive to one or more foods you eat. Not your milk. There's only one extremely rare condition where baby can not drink milk of any kind due to a genetic defect, which is not the same thing as being "allergic."
    Pax, Aeon
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AeonLux View Post
    I was never familiar with these before dd1. It wasn't until after I had been breastfeeding for a few months did I become familiar with a lot of misconceptions and misinformation. There's a lot of it. I've worked hard over the years to combat it.

One of the most annoying ones, "My baby is allergic to my milk." Uh, no, no such thing. Your baby is sensitive to one or more foods you eat. Not your milk. There's only one extremely rare condition where baby can not drink milk of any kind due to a genetic defect, which is not the same thing as being "allergic."

That drives me crazy too. If baby was allergic to your milk you would of found out at that heel prick test they do at birth.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thank you! My family has given me the hardest time about the diet thing. Because I haven't eaten three meals a day since Scott has been gone-- usually 2 meals or 1 full meal and small snacking meals throughout the day-- so they keep telling me to "give her what she needs" and just put her on formula. But I drink water like nobody's business and I've always had enough milk. So...yeah lol. Drives me crazy!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. Studying my life away.
    Studying my life away.
    Sooo, I know I don't have any kids or anything. But I did find the article interesting, because I could have answered all those questions just from taking an animal science reproduction class. I'm sure for any of you that have family bugging you about it you'd be able to find research online that proves them wrong, but I guess you'd also be able to find the myths "backed up" too.

I feel like people should always take some sort of like all day reproduction class but I'm all about learning all the time I think it would save the world a lot of misinformation.

ETA: I'd also like to say, for the majority of people breast milk will always be enough on its own, mother nature was really good at creating us to reproduce.
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantBliss View Post
    Sooo, I know I don't have any kids or anything. But I did find the article interesting, because I could have answered all those questions just from taking an animal science reproduction class. I'm sure for any of you that have family bugging you about it you'd be able to find research online that proves them wrong, but I guess you'd also be able to find the myths "backed up" too.

I feel like people should always take some sort of like all day reproduction class but I'm all about learning all the time I think it would save the world a lot of misinformation.

ETA: I'd also like to say, for the majority of people breast milk will always be enough on its own, mother nature was really good at creating us to reproduce.
    Our bodies were made to do this, I think alot of women just dont educate themselves enough on the topic, or trust their bodies!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    The getting enough thing was the only one I worried about with ODS since I really didn't know enough info about what they needed. I did have to deal with the allergy thing with him as well but it was the protein in milk he didn't like and so I just drank soy for 10 months. With YDS the biggest issue was my milk came in to fast so I had to pump just to get some relief!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast