Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Zach never seems full

1. Senior Member

Zach never seems full

Advertisements
    Hes drinking formula but wakes up like an hour after he eats hungry again so I give him more formula now. He drinks 3 ounces now every feeding and still acts hungry. Someone told me to mix a tiny bit of the baby rice stuff in his milk and that should help but hes really young. He will be 5 weeks on sunday do you think that okay?
  2. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    It could be a growth spurt. I know DD went through one around that age. Or he could be eating as a comfort thing. Does he take a paci? Have you tried that instead of a bottle? DD never took a paci, she would nurse for comfort and end up eating a lot lol. I personally wouldn't do the rice in the cereal, I think 5 weeks is too young. But that's just my opinion
  3. Senior Member
    At that age Aidan was drinking 4-6 ounces every 2-3 hours. Maybe just try giving him more at each feeding.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    It could be a growth spurt. I know DD went through one around that age. Or he could be eating as a comfort thing. Does he take a paci? Have you tried that instead of a bottle? DD never took a paci, she would nurse for comfort and end up eating a lot lol. I personally wouldn't do the rice in the cereal, I think 5 weeks is too young. But that's just my opinion
    I try the paci and he wont take it. He gets frustrated when hes hungry and I gave a paci. He has a different cry when he wants a paci for comfort and hes hungry.
  5. Senior Member
    If hes drinking 3 ounces and still seems hungry it might be time to increase it to 4 ounces a feeding and see if hes satisfied.
  6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I'd increase to four oz each feeding. I definitely wouldn't give him the rice cereal yet; I am pretty sure his tummy can't handle it!

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    I'd increase to four oz each feeding. I definitely wouldn't give him the rice cereal yet; I am pretty sure his tummy can't handle it!
    im trying 4 right now
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Nooooo, no rice cereal! Especially not added to his bottle, and especially not so young. There are some doctors that still recommend that for reflux maybe, but the AAP and WHO both say no rice cereal in the bottle and no solids til six months from their due date because their little digestive systems still aren't developed.

If he is still hungry, feed him more! He is a growing boy!

9. Senior Member
    More formula. DD was/ is a big eater and she was clearing 4 ounces easy at that point.
  10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Nooooo, no rice cereal! Especially not added to his bottle, and especially not so young. There are some doctors that still recommend that for reflux maybe, but the AAP and WHO both say no rice cereal in the bottle and no solids til six months from their due date because their little digestive systems still aren't developed.

If he is still hungry, feed him more! He is a growing boy!
    My moms nicu doens't even do rice cereal in bottles unless the baby is really losing weight from spitting up.
    cereal should be fed from a spoon and ideally its better to skip rice cereal.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress