Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural solutions for the sickies

1. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Natural solutions for the sickies

Advertisements
    Little Miss is ridiculously sick. Cough, super stuffy nose, throwing up a little, mild fever, sleeping a lot.

I feel awful she seems so miserable. Anyone know any natural things to try to help her out? She won't let me near her with the nose sucker and I just don't know what to try? . It's been 3 days though and she's still pretty bad.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well, its not really "natural" but if you are more thinking along the lines of not giving her cough syrup....I know with my Kids if I put Vicks Vapo Rub on their feet it helps their coughs...Not sure how/why, but it does work.
  3. Senior Member
    To help her cough, you could steam up the bathroom with a hot shower, and just hold her in the bathroom so she can breathe in the steam.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  4. Senior Member
    Sitting in steamy bathroom with you.

Let her sleep/nap at an incline or upright so that the mucous can drain. Laying flat will allow it to go down her throat which will make her cough and/or she will swallow it which can cause the puking.

You could try saline nose drops with the nose sucker.
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

vicks plug ins work great .. and the vapor rub always helps A sleep better when she's stuffy. If you dont wanna put it on her, you can put some near her head on her mattress sheet.
  6. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Little Remedies has a vapor rub that really helped Emma the other week. Try to get saline in there because it will help to break things up, even if she wont let you get it out. Towels under her mattress so she can breathe easier worked for us, too.

7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Thanks guys. I did do a steam bath with her it helped a little but not a lot. I may try some vicks on her stuffy animal in her crib or maybe a little on her blanket. I feel so bad she is so sick
  8. Moderator

Saline drops with the sucker. I know it stinks, but it'll really help her. My middle daughter hated the sucker, so I became ninja quick with it.

They have infant Johnson's and Johnson's vapor rub. The vapor bath wash is great too. It can also help break up the congestion.

I hope she feels better soon. It's so hard to see the little ones feel so yucky.
  9. Senior Member
    Hmm I actually heard to never use products with menthol in them on babies. Here's an article concerning the subject Vicks Vapo Rub Bad for Babies and Young Children; Can Cause Breathing Problems - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Do you breastfeed? It may sound weird but you can insert some drops of breastmilk in her nose and it will help to moisturize
  10. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Saskia_Caliii View Post
    Hmm I actually heard to never use products with menthol in them on babies. Here's an article concerning the subject Vicks Vapo Rub Bad for Babies and Young Children; Can Cause Breathing Problems - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Do you breastfeed? It may sound weird but you can insert some drops of breastmilk in her nose and it will help to moisturize
    It's not weird totally tried it this morning Helped a little.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast