Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast pumps ??

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Breast pumps ??

Advertisements
    I promised my new LC I'd give her one more week before I gave up on BFing, but it is really not working so far. I want to go ahead and search for a pump just in case. So far I'm thinking of the Lansinoh brand double electric pump but I'm super open to suggestions!

These are my questions for you: What kind do you have? How often do you pump? What do you like about it? What would you change? How long does it take you to clean? Anything else important to know, please add!

2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I have a medela double freestyle. I LOVE it. I pump just when I work but if you are EP you need to every 2 hours or so for 20 min.
  3. Senior Member
  4. Senior Member
    I couldn't do exclusive pumping. It just took too much time, I got burned out after a couple weeks and all I could think about was how I needed sleep.

I had a Medela pump in style... I probably should have got a hospital rental.
  5. Senior Member
    I dont have a double pump medela just a single because we are EBF. I pump once at night though. I could not say enough about the Medela steam bags for sanitizing. It takes so much less time than boiling.
  6. Senior Member
    You could try renting a hospital grade pump for a while before making an expensive purchase, to make sure you like the pump and want to stick with exclusive pumping.

Btw, I had a cracked nipple really bad when my daughter was a few weeks old. It turns out, I need to support the breast that she was nursing from with my opposite hand because my boobs are just too big and the angle wasn't right for the nipple to go into her mouth. Once I started "holding my boob up" the crack started getting better and nursing got better.
  7. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i had the lansinoh. it was great at first, but i used it heavily (3x a day at work) and the motor broke after 3 months. then i got a medela, which was awesome.

for occassional/moderate use the lansinoh is good for the price, but for regular use, get a medela.
    lansinoh pros: price, easier to clean because it has a diaphram
    lansinoh cons: after a while the suction wasn't as strong as i liked, motor broke after heavy use
    medela pros: more durable, control suction better, comes with better accessories
    medela con: price
  8. in love.
    in love.
    In my expirence, the more expensive the pump, the better. It's worth the investment!
    hi.
  9. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
  10. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I just hate to spend so much money on the Medela before we know if pumping is right for us. I am thinking about working, too, so I figured a pump is a decent investment for that reason alone whether or not we go to exclusive pumping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast