Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime question

1. Senior Member

Bedtime question

Advertisements
    Do you change bedtime with what time your L/O wakes up? Or does the bedtime routine start at the same time everytime?

DD has been up since 4 this morning and its 4 in the afternoon here. and she didn't really nap . She's starting to get sleepy now but I feel like by time I get her down , she might as well be in bed KWIM?
  2. Senior Member
    I've always tried to keep bedtimes close to the same time. Obviously there are circumstances that prevent that occasionally. to both a tired baby and a tired mommy.
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I go by what she tells me. If she is tired, she goes to sleep. If she is hungry she gets fed. We still don't have a 100% solid routine. Sometimes she gets up early or late.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I do the same time of 8:30 every night. He's in the tub at 7:30, bottle right after then bed as soon as the bottle is down.

He sleeps till whenever he wakes up and if it's early like this morning was like a little after 6, i'll feed him then back in bed he goes. Today he slept till 10:40
  5. Senior Member
    I've always tried to keep them going to bed at the same time regardless. I used to think if we let them go to bed late they would sleep in... that doesn't work though unfortunately. Our kids go down around 8 and are up around 7.
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Our kids go down at 7, unless they napped later in the afternoon. Otherwise it's bed at 7 and Bella is usually the first one up between 530-630-7am , no matter WHAT time she went to bed.
  7. Senior Member
    Peyton eats at 7am every morning if she wakes up early ill either give her a paci or bring her in bed with me. Shes up for an hour and a half then naps for 2 hours. Then shes up at 1030 eats and is up for 2 hours then naps for an hour and a half. Same thing at 2. At 530 she eats and is up til 730 gets her bath I read her books and She swings til 830 bottle and bed.

She naps in her crib as long as were home otherwise shell nap anywhere and she is pretty set with this schedule. Sometimes it varies by half an hour but never more than that. After her bottle she sleeps until she eats at 7. Sometimes shell wake up when dh leaves for work and she hears the garage but she usually goes right back to sleep.

We use babywise, I know some people love it, some hate it, but it works really well for us. She goes down for nap and bedtime awake and doesn't fuss, she falls alseep on her own.
  8. Senior Member
    Yup, shes out for tonight. We normally have a pretty set routine but a birthday party last week threw it off. Ah well, we'll get back
  9. Senior Member
    Kenz goes to bed around 8-8:30pm and gets up around 8-9am. Naps around 10:30-11:30 and sometimes takes an afternoon nap. She knows her routine and if she needs a nap I ask her if she is tired she will go to her bed if no she shakes her head no and plays.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    When my kids were babies, it was more on their schedule, but we've made the move over to the scheduled way of living (In the future, I plan to continue parent-on-demand when they are little)

Bedtime is the same time every night. Even now the sun is still out and my DD is all like but its not time yet, and I say, yes it is!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast