Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Airplane

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help Airplane

Advertisements
    I need tips for a flight I will be taking with my 5 month old (almost 6 month old!) we are flying from CA to NY, its a terribly long flight (5-6 hours) & hes been irritable lately bc hes teething. we didnt buy him a seat and hubby & I are gonna take turns holding him

Please any tips to keep this mamma sane and baby happy would be much appreciated!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Make sure to have a change of clothes for both you, hubby and a few for baby.
    I also changed sleep schedule a little bit before we traveled, so she would sleep most of the way. Also, if your baby gets fussy, it is not the end of the world. Most people DO understand.
  3. Senior Member
    If you have a plane that has the tv's where you can buy a kids movie- DO IT. even without the headphone it'll give him something to look at. The DVD player idea was a little tricky for me cause I had to dig it out and it kept sliding off the tray table, had to keep DD from grabbing it etc. but on the other hand, i didn't have a second adult to help
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    If you have a plane that has the tv's where you can buy a kids movie- DO IT. even without the headphone it'll give him something to look at. The DVD player idea was a little tricky for me cause I had to dig it out and it kept sliding off the tray table, had to keep DD from grabbing it etc. but on the other hand, i didn't have a second adult to help
    GOOD IDEA. DS loves to watch the tv screen thannks
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Keep a sense of humor and ignore mean people.

Don't stress out about anything that happens. Babies can sense that. Stressed out momma + tense baby = unhappy flight.

Overestimate the time that everything will take. Don't try to cut anything short to avoid lengthening your travel time. Better to it at the gate waiting, stress free, than to be rushing because something goes wrong and stressed out.

Most people will be fine with a baby if it gets unhappy. If someone is not nice about it, IGNORE THEM. Don't try to please anyone other than your baby. Taking mean people personally will just get you and the baby upset.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just flew from Hawaii to Guam (8hours) with Wyatt who's 11mos today. I bought a bulk pack of foam earplugs and passed them out as a joke to the people seated next to me. I also brought baked cookies and gave them away to everyone. Wyatt only cried for 15minutes toward the end of the flight but everyone thought it was hilarious that I had come prepared for everyone.

Also, on take off and landing, make sure you give him a paci or nurse or bottle so that his ears are popping from the swallowing.

Wyatt's flown about 10 times since he was 2 mos old he's kinda a pro now but, if all else fails, most people understand a crying baby and will offer to help you out.