Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant tell if I am being a worry-wart

1. Senior Member

Cant tell if I am being a worry-wart

Advertisements
    I took my daughter to a church praise and worship concert last night. My FIL put it together so I felt bad not going and I know I would have made my MIL upset. It was in a grade school gymnasium and we were seated about halfway from the stage. It got loud of coarse because it was a concert but my daughter feel asleep for most of it. She was never fussy until the end but I think she was just hungry.

Now I am paranoid that I gave her hearing loss because I kept her there. My MIL was holding her cause she hadn't seen her for a week so I didn't dare ask to take her and stand in the back of the gym. I wish I would have because maybe I would be less paranoid. Last night and today she was woken up from naps due to noises going on in the house. She doesn't so much turn when someone talks to her but I can't remember how much she did that before the concert.

Should I call the doctor or do you think I am just being paranoid? My mom and grandma said they think she is fine but I just dont know. I think I keep second guessing it because I feel guilty that I took her there.
  2. Senior Member
    Okay totally just coughed in bed and she woke up and flailed her arms in the air. I think I am just being paranoid.

Kinda feel like this is a pointless thread now.

Well I guess I can share some recent pics of her!! (I swear I edited them to make them smaller so sorry if they show up huge)

3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I was actually going to suggest making a loud noise while she was sleeping and see if it startled her. You beat me to it though!

I bet she is fine. Prolonged loud noises aren't a good idea, but occasionally it's not going to cause hearing loss. Trauma to the ear is more likely to do that.

P.S. I LOVE her shirt. She is a cutie pie!

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    I was actually going to suggest making a loud noise while she was sleeping and see if it startled her. You beat me to it though!

I bet she is fine. Prolonged loud noises aren't a good idea, but occasionally it's not going to cause hearing loss. Trauma to the ear is more likely to do that.

P.S. I LOVE her shirt. She is a cutie pie!
    Yeah, I am definitely not taking her to anymore concerts. I will probably have to fight DH about that issue when he returns though.

And I love the shirt too! He bought it for her over there along with a velcro patch that says it. I had to ask him if I could post the picture on FB though cause I was scared it would get him in trouble or something

I was also going to remove the red eye in the pic but then I thought it made her look serious and that she was gunna kick those bastards ass with her red eyes
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

BABY LASER EYES!!!!

6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    She is adorable! I'm glad she seems okay, lol. I'm paranoid about everything, so don't feel bad about worrying.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Amazon.com: Em's 4 Bubs Baby Earmuffs (Camo Headband): Clothing

You can take them loud places, just get some of those
  8. Senior Member
    I was paranoid about everything when DD was little. I think I still am. Hahaha she's almost 3.
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Where did you get that Hello Kitty shirt?! I have to have one! (Or dd has to have one! lol)

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

10. Senior Member
    Thats the perk to new babies " Dry , fed, idgaf good night"

and LOVE the shirt !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast