Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early sleeping

1. Senior Member

Early sleeping

Advertisements
    Where did you have your newborn sleep? I know i dont want to move him into his crib until he is 4 - 6 months old i want him in our bedroom even if the nursery is attached to our bedroom... I'm just not sure where or what i want him to sleep in until i move him into his crib.

I have thought about a lot of different things, a bassinet, a co-sleeper for the bed, a sidecar to have him up next to the bed, and the newborn rock-n-play sleeper.

I just feel at a loss im not sure which i want to use. What did you all use? Did it work for you? Would you change what you used if you could, or will you next time?
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i'm putting mine in her crib from day one so i can shut her door. i can't trust my cat not to mess with her cause hes sleeps on my face. (literally.. on my face)

3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    i'm putting mine in her crib from day one so i can shut her door. i can't trust my cat not to mess with her cause hes sleeps on my face. (literally.. on my face)
    Lol, I'm glad i dont have to worry about that with my dog. He likes to sleep on the bed but never does when my dh is home. Plus he would much rather run from a baby then snuggle up with one
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    We started with a bassinet (it was attached to a pack and play). Then when he got bigger and started outgrowing that we switched to the co-sleeper bassinet next to our bed. That being said, DS always starts out in his bassinet but with how much he wakes during the night to eat, I usually end up co-sleeping the remainder of the night.

With my next child, the only thing I would change is switching him to bassinet for the majority of the night sooner. He's 5 months old and I've recently been trying to get him out of our bed, and it's been very difficult.

5. One day at a time.
    One day at a time.
    DS slept in his pack and play next to our bed for 4 months. It has a bassinet part. He slept great in there. Once we moved into our new place and his room was set up he went into his crib and by 5 months was sleeping through the night in his room.
  6. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Christian: started in crib the day he got home.
    Ryley: slept in a bouncy for two months since he needed to be propped up. Then we co-slept for a month. Then he slept in a pack-n-play in our room until about six months.
    Evan: we're putting a crib or pack-n-play with a bassinet feature in our room. We plan on keeping him in our room until he's six months old.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  7. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Dd slept in her bassinet till she was 3 - 4 months old. She outgrew it so we had to put her in her bed in her bedroom. I was not a happy momma!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

8. Senior Member
    Peyton slept in a bassinet until she was 10 weeks old then we moved her to her crib and we have had no problems. She had been napping in her crib before she slept overnight in it. I think she sleeps better in her crib so I didn't mind moving her in there. I definitely liked having her in a bassinet when she was very little so I could check on her easier.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Mini's PnP has a bassinet that we plan on using. Then we plan on moving him to the co-sleeper bassinet thingy until he sleeps through the night, then his crib. DH and I are both big time rollers, so we don't want to co-sleep with him in our bed. We are scared that we will roll over on top of him.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We had dd sleep in a cradle at the end of our bed. This one will hopefully have a side car type sleeper
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast