Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strech marks help!!!!

1. Senior Member

strech marks help!!!!

Advertisements
    I have terrible strech marks from pregnancy and I was wondering if there is anything you guys have used that works to help fade them. I am soo uncomfortable with my body right now. I know I just had a baby but I can't help it. Between the saggy belly and the strech marks I wont even get undressed in front of DH anymore.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Lotion and time. I know they sell stretch mark creams but idk if they really work. I always just use plain old coco butter lotion
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    ive heard mederma works really well

4. Regular Member
    Hi! I just want you to know that they do fade! I am sure that is not what you want to hear now, but even in just a short period of time they do start to fade. I have twins I carried to full term, so I know about stretch marks...

And your tummy will still deflate, too! When I went to my 6 week appointments after the babies I was so skeptical when my doctor told that things were still tightening up, but they did! I would say everything stopped changing right around 3 months or so.

Also, to be clear... I am not sure how much breastfeeding my girls contributes to everything... lots of people say that if you bf that gets everything in order faster, but I have nothing to compare it to....

Try to just think of the skin and the stretch marks as scars. I think about how my husband has scars, how I like to look at them, and I like to think about how those experiences that he had are permanently and forever emblazoned on his skin.
    Our scars are a fact.
  5. Senior Member
    ok, i have never been pregnant, but i was always slightly underweight up until about 2 years ago. I finally was able to gain about 30 pounds...which even though it was good to put on weight, it of course was a big change for my body. i of all places only got stretchmarks on my butt at first i thought that i had huge scratches on my ass from the dogs or something...but they were perfectly symmetrical on either side like someone clawed me at an angle...anyways i soon realized they were stretchmarks and was horrified! i thought i'd have them forever...i had heard vitamin E helps with stretchmarks...so i promptly bought St. Ives Hydrating Vitamin E lotion, not really thinking it would do much but i thought i'd try. I had this grand plan on putting it on my ass every night religiously for a month...but i'd put it on for 3 days skip a few do it again...anyways i didn't hold out much hope but i kept occasionally doing it.

Also at that time we had an awesome jet tub thing so i took lots of bubble baths...and realized later that the body wash i would use for the bath also had vitamin E in it...it was Tone bodywash the mango scented one. Anyways, the point of all of this is that about 8 months after i got the stretch marks and 8 months of the St. Ives vitamin E lotion and the vitamin E bubble baths MY STRETCH MARKS DISAPPEARED!!! like i'm talking COMPLETELY gone i was very surprised...and very pleased. I DEFINTELY plan on doing this regimen in my future pregnancies. Vitamin E seems to work miracles, i can bet that it will at least greately HELP even the worst of stretch marks. Soaking in it in the tub...and slathering it on THICKLY at night, and then keeping at it for several months. I hope you give it a try
  6. Senior Member
    Girl , you made a living breathing human being come out if your body 18 days ago give it some time
  7. Senior Member
    Bio Oil! Love it. Seems like the only thing that really works. I tried vitamin E oil that you just rub on your skin, but it smelled so bad and was so sticky, I couldn't maintain it. The Bio Oil smells pretty good.

And yeah, time helps. Mine are *mostly* faded from the pregnancy, but still not super white like my old ones from puberty.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    Girl , you made a living breathing human being come out if your body 18 days ago give it some time

Don't be so fast to try and get your body back the way it was, because honestly, it never will be

Bio-oil is really good though for helping to fade scars and stretch marks. My brother had open heart surgery in 2005 and not even 6 months later you could hardly see his scar at all

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Bio Oil! Love it. Seems like the only thing that really works. I tried vitamin E oil that you just rub on your skin, but it smelled so bad and was so sticky, I couldn't maintain it. The Bio Oil smells pretty good.

And yeah, time helps. Mine are *mostly* faded from the pregnancy, but still not super white like my old ones from puberty.
    Bio Oil has Vitamin E in it My next resort was to use the pure Vitamin E but i'm glad i didn't have to as you say it's smelly and sticky. Lots of lotions have Vitamin E in it, like Bio Oil, and therefore i'm assuming doesn't smell in such forms. St. Ives Vitamin E lotion smells pretty good too.
  10. Senior Member
    I have bio oil and DH just bought me the Maderma tonight so I might just try all of them together. Thank you for all the ideas. I wish I could take a bath but even a 5 min shower is hard to come by. I know it takes time so I guess its just a waiting game now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast