Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 months old... daily activities?

1. Senior Member

Blush 5 months old... daily activities?

Advertisements
    So Z is about to be 5 months old, and is getting to the point where she wants to be always doing stuff. I can't *just* hold her like a little munchkin anymore I feel weird asking this question, but I have like ZERO experience with kids outside of her haha

What are normal things to do now?

I mean, I put her in her jumperoo for a little while, a couple times a day, because she loves to stand and jump (and I certainly can't hold her standing all day lol). I hold her on my lap while she chews on a toy. We lay on the floor and she plays with stuff.

Beyond this, I dunno what to do with her lol.

I literally feel like a jerk every time I put her down though. When I put her in the carrier while I try to get stuff done, I can't ever do stuff that involves bending over (ie laundry). She still likes the swing, but isn't really content for too long anymore. I also never know how long her naps will be. Sometimes seriously only 20 minutes, other times a couple hours!

Suggestions for playing with a 5 month old?
    Our sweet girl is here!
    ZoŽ Marie- 11.02.11!

http://princessgirlface.blogspot.com/
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Actually dd liked books starting around that age, nice brightly colored board books worked best at that point! I found it so difficult to keep Anna entertained at that point though honestly, it gets easier over time I think
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

a activity mat, toys, baby Einstein movies, music

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Actually dd liked books starting around that age, nice brightly colored board books worked best at that point! I found it so difficult to keep Anna entertained at that point though honestly, it gets easier over time I think
    She likes to eat her books haha
    Our sweet girl is here!
    ZoŽ Marie- 11.02.11!

http://princessgirlface.blogspot.com/
  5. Senior Member
    Aidan will roll around on our living room floor for a couple hours at a time. He has discovered that he can roll both ways, so he just rolls all over. We give him different toys to play with and he's happy as can be.
  6. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    exersaucers are awesome!!! Play mats with toys attached and the books with teethers.Anything with color, lights, noise is fun Very easily entertained
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I'm so glad you asked this I've been wondering the same thing about Landon. I feel like I'm being a bad mom because I don't know what else do with him besides putting him in his bouncer toy, putting on his gigglebellies show and working on sittng/standing with him

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    playmat. DS has one of those with all the hanging stuff and he will literally sit there for hours and grab, play, he will roll around, twist to watch the tv then go back to playing. its quite funny watching all he does on that damn mat.
  9. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Tummy time! Tummy time! Tummy time! As much as you can!

Board books or sensory books (like the plastic ones) are great because they can gnaw on them and you're still giving them books. Talk about the pictures and help with labeling.

Around 5 months you can also start playing games like "peekaboo" and "hide the toy" to start working on object permanence. Introduce hand games like "itsy bitsy spider" "5 little monkeys" will help with language development. Toys that they can hit that light up and/or make noise help with cause/effect.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Play mats! I picked up one like this for $6 at a consignment sale:
    Amazon.com: Infantino Jumbo Wheel Playspace: Baby

My DS loved it from about 4 months on. I stuck him on it and scattered some little rattle toys/etc.... he'd scoot around on it and explore.

He also thought peek-a-boo was hilarious at that age.

Don't feel guilty about putting her down. If she's perfectly content, there's nothing wrong with it! Let her learn and explore... you deserve a break, too, every once in a while.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast