Thread: benefits of BFing

1. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho

Giggle benefits of BFing

Advertisements
    These made me giggle!

8 Unexpected Benefits of Breastfeeding | The Leaky B@@b

1. The best excuse to sit around
    Don’t feel like making dinner? Gotta feed the baby! For the last 10 months I’ve made breakfast maybe a dozen times all because Smunchie needs her breakfast too and the next thing I know The Piano Man has coffee and either eggs and toast (or a frittata, yum) or pancakes going. Oh darn, sorry sweetie, I was planning on getting that started just as soon as I could. I was stuck on the couch feeding a poor, helpless little baby!

2. Escape plan A
    Trapped in a conversation with someone you want to get away from? Oh dear, baby’s hungry! I don’t believe women need to worry about being discreet about breastfeeding in public but if one suddenly feels modest and needs to go sit some place quiet to nurse nobody will blame you and you can get away from the uncomfortable conversation with Whatshername Won’tstoptalking.

3. The kitchen fall back plan
    Making pancakes but ran out of milk? No worries! And if you don’t tell anybody they may all wonder what you did different that made your flapjacks so much more yummy. Don’t tell them until after they’re done though, seems even children that grew on your milk before can become squeamish at the idea years later. And hubs won’t know if it’s the creamer in his coffee either.

4. Bigger B@@bs!
    It’s true a woman’s breasts usually increases in size during pregnancy and remains that way or bigger while lactating. You may not have ever cared if you got bigger boobs but it is still interesting to see them change, never a dull moment!

5. BUSTin’ at the seams = SHOPPING!
    Legit reason to go shopping, nothing fits right! Those bigger boobies need to be comfortable and showcased properly, get the attire to do it in style. Time to hit the racks or the online boutiques and buy yourself some stylish wear to dress the ladies in and it’s totally real, you actually do NEED new clothes you can nurse in!

6. Weapons of mass destruction
    Make me mad? Yeah, I wouldn’t do that, I could whip one of these full C-cup babies out and with a little squeeze blow you to smithereens. Or at least get you wet and sticky. Don’t put it past me either, you never know what will set me off.

7. Double Alarm- well, hello Big O.
    Your partner not sure when you’ve have an orgasm? You’ll boost his confidence when you come with a double set of sprinklers spraying all over the place. Many women experience milk spray from their lactating breasts when the orgasm. Don’t let it rain on your parade, enjoy the new twist on doing the deed!

8. Cure-all in a cute package
    Baby got a blocked tear duct? Squirt a little breastmilk in her eye. Diaper rash? A breastmilk rinse and then some naked time will clear that up in no time if it’s not a yeast based rash. Cut? Ready, aim, squirt! You guessed it, a little spray of breastmilk on the area and watch it heal in record time. From acne to ear infections, breastmilk has amazing healing properties! People, it has stem cells in it, breastmilk is the stuff modern medicine wants to be when it grows up! And for more amazing health science on breastmilk try googling HAMLET (all caps) and breastmilk. Prepared to be wow’d.

9. Facebook/Twitter/Blog/Surfing time
    I admit it, most of the time when I’m on some social media networking site I probably have a baby attached and if I’m lucky and she’s really hungry I can stretch it long enough to get caught up on all the people I follow or even write a blog post. It’s called NAK (Nursing At the Keyboard) but it could also be called NeTCFToN (Need To Check Facebook Time to Nurse) because how else would I find the time? A Leaky’s got to do what a Leaky’s got to do. (Are you a Leaky? Go like our Facebook page and join the fun!)

Oh rats, that was 9. Now it sounds like I just couldn’t come up with one more for a nice round 10. Oh well.
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

10 should be easy weight loss! Drop the pounds like flies
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I totally use number two a LOT! I'm pretty sure I've benefited from all of those except squirting someone - that only happens to Wyatt accidently.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Bahahaha. I'm not a mom...but I can totally appreciate those!

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  6. Senior Member
    oh, so much truth
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    10 should be easy weight loss! Drop the pounds like flies
    not for every one.

I struggled with post baby weight, was going to the gym and eating healthy (until I got pregnant again) but it did not help me lose the baby weight
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    not for every one.

I struggled with post baby weight, was going to the gym and eating healthy (until I got pregnant again) but it did not help me lose the baby weight
    I don't think that they're all true for everyone. I haven't had sex since I was pregnant, so there goes #7. And my boobs are back to prepreg size, so there's #3. I was just adding a possibility.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    I totally use number two a LOT! I'm pretty sure I've benefited from all of those except squirting someone - that only happens to Wyatt accidently.
    I've only ever squirted DH on purpose and that's because he said something "douchy" and we were in the shower
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast