Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sleeping issue!

1. Senior Member

Sleeping issue!

Advertisements
    Not quite the normal type of issue

But I've been bedsharing with DD, DH sleeps in another room (until she sleeps through the night )

Anyways, she's started flipping over 1/2 way through the night and I am a nervous freaking wreck. Most of the time she rolls over INTO me and face plants. She likes to squish her face against stuff, so I know she's doing it because she likes it, not because she's unaware. Last night she actually turned her head to the side though, so that made me feel a little better.

What would y'all suggest though? I'm freaking out about her smothering herself on me. She's very capable of moving around and stuff, and flipping both ways, I just don't know if she'd do it in her sleep.

Getting her to sleep in her crib for naps is going a little better, but with how easy she falls asleep in bed with me at night, that's what I've been rolling with.

I guess I just want suggestions, or... something... Idk haha
    Our sweet girl is here!
    ZoŽ Marie- 11.02.11!

http://princessgirlface.blogspot.com/
  2. Senior Member
    I had a "snuggle nest" for co-sleeping with DS. It's basically a crib for your bed. It has rails all around it and mesh netting to prevent suffocation
    Goodluck!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm no help Wyatt snuggled into me from the first night that I could finally sleep laying down after having him and I wasn't ever worried about it. If your worried, it may be more beneficial for you (and DH) to tough through a few nights to get her into her own crib. I know that whenever I'm worried about him (when he's sick, trouble going to sleep, etc), I can't relax and end up being awake all night so you probably aren't sleeping that well if you're worried about her smothering herself

Do you have a pnp? Maybe you can try her sleeping next to your bed in that? Then DH can come back in the room, too.
  4. Senior Member
    Oh the pnp is a big no go. Will not sleep in it, period

The crib is in the room too, only a few feet away.

Really I let her sleep with me because I'm neurotic and want to be able to check on her all the time. And I'm lazy. When she wakes up to eat, I don't want to get out of bed.

I don't mind if she's snuggled, but the face smashing on me is all I worry about really... If she'd always turn her head to the side I guess it wouldn't scare me so much.

I also worry that if I put her in her crib, and she flips over on her face and something happens, I might not know about it until it's too late and that paranoia is keeping me from putting her in it at night
    Our sweet girl is here!
    ZoŽ Marie- 11.02.11!

http://princessgirlface.blogspot.com/
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by utemhsa View Post
    Oh the pnp is a big no go. Will not sleep in it, period

The crib is in the room too, only a few feet away.

Really I let her sleep with me because I'm neurotic and want to be able to check on her all the time. And I'm lazy. When she wakes up to eat, I don't want to get out of bed.

I don't mind if she's snuggled, but the face smashing on me is all I worry about really... If she'd always turn her head to the side I guess it wouldn't scare me so much.

I also worry that if I put her in her crib, and she flips over on her face and something happens, I might not know about it until it's too late and that paranoia is keeping me from putting her in it at night
    Wyatt never liked his pnp, either. Except now, since our stuff is gone, that's what he's sleeping in and he's doing okay so I don't know what the original problem was

I TOTALLY get the lazy BF'ing thing. That's why Wyatt was 8mos when we finally had to get him out because he crawled off the bed into a full laundry basket (scared the snot out of me) and liked sprawling out and kicking me all night long Became more of a hinderance than productive having him with us.