Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Post partum *TMI & a question*

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Post partum *TMI & a question*

Advertisements
    How long did it take you to get back to semi "normal" feeling? About day three I felt GREAT but the past couple of days I've felt horrible. I know I'm being a big baby, but I am so uncomfortable.

**Tmi alert: my iron pills are making a bowel movement pretty much impossible, and i think i may have developed hemorrhoids from trying. That is what is REALLY bothering me more than anything else. Being super tired, soreness, bleeding, etc. are all things I can deal with... This other issue? No way! I also have literally zero appetite. It is so hard to make myself eat, but I know I have to to be able to BF properly. I just hope this ends soon.

2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

I actually didn't have a BM until about 8 days PP and I had terrible hemorrhoids. You can ask your doctor for a cream to help with those at your PP appointment if preparation H doesn't work. Also, my doctor had me taking colace daily.

As for appetite, I honestly didn't have one until almost 2 weeks after I had Landon. It seemed really strange to me considering right before I had him, I couldn't eat enough I'd eat a few bites and just not be hungry anymore.

Your body just went through a major change, it's going to take some time for it to regulate again

3. Senior Member
    I felt pretty much ok by 3 weeks. But it took about 4-6 weeks before I was pain free.
  4. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    As far as pain..I didn't really have any until a few months PP when I got hemorrhoids.
    I was hungrier BFing than I ever was pregnant!

But really I don't think you ever get "back to normal" ..you just find a new normal..kwim? I became lactose intolerant after having DD (plus my gallbladder removed)..things change physically and emotionally.

You'll adjust and all will be well
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  5. Senior Member
    My midwife had me take a laxative after I couldn't go #2 for 4 days after having Eleanor. Depending on how long it's been, you may want to call your doctor to see what they recommend.

I felt REALLY uncomfortable the first week and was still in a good amount of pain up until 2 weeks. After that I was having some soreness "down there" and that didn't go away until 6 weeks because I actually had to have an outpatient procedure because my stitches didn't heal just right.

When in doubt, call your doctor.