Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Sleeping?

Advertisements
    I have a question for everyone about sleeping/naps.

DS woke up earlier and fed and now has been asleep for 3 maybe 4 hours. I'm just curious if you wake them up not necessarily to feed them but so they aren't sleeping to much?

He sleeps fine at night I was just curious what y'all do? He's on a pretty good sleep schedule as far as our nightly routine but we just kind of do whatever during the day!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I live by the 'Never Wake a Sleeping Baby' rule I let Wyatt sleep whenever and how ever long. He'll wake when he's hungry. How old is Tristen now? He may be going through the sleeping portion of a growth spurt.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    I live by the 'Never Wake a Sleeping Baby' rule I let Wyatt sleep whenever and how ever long. He'll wake when he's hungry. How old is Tristen now? He may be going through the sleeping portion of a growth spurt.
    Amen to that sister! I live by that one too!
  4. Senior Member
    I believe in letting them sleep Sometomes being adorable wears you out , he'll wake up whens he's hungry
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yeah i'm a believer of letting him sleep too but I just wanted to see how others do it. I have been a let him sleep and he will wake when he's hungry since the first day we got home from the hospital.. I hated when they made me wake up to feed in there.

He is now 8 weeks old today BIG BOY!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    yes yes yesss.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Amen to that sister! I live by that one too!

My MIL wanted to wake Wyatt when we were back visiting her when he was just two months. He was sleeping for 3ish hours and had eaten a MASSIVE feeding (both sides, twice, gulping the whole time) and she was concerned that he was going to go hungry if we didn't wake him up DH actually had to push her from the hallway that had Wyatt's bedroom to keep her from going in a waking her up He slept another 2+ hours and it. was. wonderful!! (Aside from MIL clucking her tongue at us for 'starving our son')
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post
    Yeah i'm a believer of letting him sleep too but I just wanted to see how others do it. I have been a let him sleep and he will wake when he's hungry since the first day we got home from the hospital.. I hated when they made me wake up to feed in there.

He is now 8 weeks old today BIG BOY!
    Yeah, I had it out with the nurses the first night because they wanted me to wake him every two hours and I refused. DH finally said, our child, our sleep schedule, our rules. When that nurse rotated out, our next one was super nice and didn't care so long as we were, in fact, feeding him.

I think 8 weeks was when Wyatt hit a growth spurt so that may very well be it for Tristen, too.
  9. Senior Member
    Does anyone else hold off on doing " noisy " stuff while the baby is alsleep? Like I'll stop the dryer after I put her down so the buzzer doesn't wake her up
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    Does anyone else hold off on doing " noisy " stuff while the baby is alsleep? Like I'll stop the dryer after I put her down so the buzzer doesn't wake her up
    Nope. From the very first day that we brought him home, we never got quiet around him or held off on doing stuff. Now, he's able to sleep through anything, even the dogs going crazy downstairs. At night just recently, I've started putting a white noise sound going in his room because the cats we adopted like him SO much, that they try to get in his room at night to sleep with him. They get to during naptimes but at night, I shut his door.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast