Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Babysitters( really need adivce from SAHMs)

1. Senior Member

Babysitters( really need adivce from SAHMs)

Advertisements
    How often does your LO go visit a babysitter/ family without you?

I can count on one hand how many times i've dropped Zo off at the babysitter. As a stay at home mom, i just feel like its my job to not need to use one But latly i've been falling behind on stuff around the house ( and its not MSOS ) because Zo hates being in a playpen and shes crawling and eating stuff off the floor so I can't let her roam around unattended. Shes not taking naps these days. I'm usally stuck on the couch wacthing her play not getting anything else done. And of course after shes goes to bed i'm not in the mood to clean ,who is?
    I'm thinking of taking her to a babysitter once a week, but I feel guilty about spending the money cause i'm not working. I feel like theres gotta be a trick to this ya know?

edit: I'm looking for someone to trade babysitting duties with i'm just not having any luck
  2. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Well, my brother lives with me. But usually, at least once a week, I go out after they are in bed. My oldest is in preschool, so it gives me a bit of advantage where I only have ONE toddler to worry about, and I can usually get a decent amount done in that amount of time.

I always used to haaate asking someone to watch one, or both, so I can regain my sanity or do some cleaning or just do nothing. But, sometimes, as moms, we need that.

3. Senior Member
    Honestly, I need to use a babysitter more often. I only have one when I have an appointment I can't take YDS to, which isn't often. It can be really hard sometimes to get things done!

Do you have a friend that could come to your house and watch her while you get stuff done? Or maybe look into a "mother's helper" as I've seen them called. Not sure what exactly the difference is.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docswife522 View Post
    Honestly, I need to use a babysitter more often. I only have one when I have an appointment I can't take YDS to, which isn't often. It can be really hard sometimes to get things done!

Do you have a friend that could come to your house and watch her while you get stuff done? Or maybe look into a "mother's helper" as I've seen them called. Not sure what exactly the difference is.
    No, I don't have any friends out here that don't have kids of there own.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

MDS is almost 5ys old and has probably been look after by someone else max a dozen times (only about 4 times has it been out of our house). I stay home with the 3 youngest. If we are having a bad day, I sit and watch movies with them and do laundry as we are watching tv (I usually pile the washing on the couch and fold sitting there). I like to get out at least once a week and pick up at the end of the day, but do a proper clean once a week.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Can you find a younger preteen or teen that can come over for a couple of hours to entertain her and keep her occupied while you do some things around the house?

I did that with mine. It gave them a little pocket money but wasn't as expensive as a full-on babysitter. And by the time I was ready to leave my kids with a babysitter, I was confident in the teen's interaction with my kids and that my kids liked her.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by docswife522 View Post

A "mother's helper" is usually a teen which comes and watches/play with the kids in your home while you are there. Usually done on a volunteer basis so that they can gain experience with kids

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    No, I don't have any friends out here that don't have kids of there own.
    Hmm...are there any daycare facilities that offer drop-in hourly care? I use one where you pay by the hour, and you don't have to buy packages or anything.
  9. Senior Member
    Very, very rarely up until now. My mom moved in with us yesterday, so now I'll be able to do it more often. As a SAHM, it's more of a who do I trust to leave him with, more so then feeling guilty about leaving him. You need time for you too.
  10. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Just because you don't have a paying job, doesn't mean you don't deserve a day off. Technically, you're working every day, and more hours than a 9-5 job. You're not only a mother, but a woman and a person who needs some "me" time as well.

I haven't had a lot of time away from DS, but I'm trying to make it so either once or week, or at the very least, once every two weeks, I leave DS with a babysitter or my husband and go do something for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast