Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At what age

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question At what age

Advertisements
    Did you ladies start wheening (sp?) your baby of baby food? DS eats table foods now so I'm not sure when I should start taking him off...
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I honestly don't remember except that I know by a year she was off it but we did use those squeeze pouches once or twice a day and that's kinda under the baby food category I spose.
  3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i never really weaned from baby food. i always made my own, so i just started altering some of them whenever she was interested (probably around that same age). instead of mashed bananas/sweet potatoes/carrots/etc, she ate them in small soft pieces. until 1 year, they get most of their nutrition from BM/formula, so i dont think there's really a right or wrong way to do it yet.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We haven't weaned on purpose. Her food has just evolved as she has gotten older naturally. Once she got her molars in the back and she hit a year old we just stated offering her what we were eating and now she eats with us more than anything. Well, let me rephrase that, once she got her molars in back and she started STEALING what we were eating, and now she eats with us.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    We haven't weaned on purpose. Her food has just evolved as she has gotten older naturally. Once she got her molars in the back and she hit a year old we just stated offering her what we were eating and now she eats with us more than anything. Well, let me rephrase that, once she got her molars in back and she started STEALING what we were eating, and now she eats with us.
    this is pretty much how we did it too. I basically just go by them and when they are ready, I stop making baby food. It was all pretty gradual for us.
  6. Senior Member
    Its been pretty gradual here. By the time DD finally gets teeth she'll be ready to try alot
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Mine were like this when they were younger. Neither one of them seemed to like the consistency of baby food, so I found that simply making our foods softer and smaller, manageable pieces they were more interested in eating it.
  8. "4 for you Glenn Coco you GO Glenn Coco!"
    "4 for you Glenn Coco you GO Glenn Coco!"
    My daughter transferred fully to table food right after her first birthday ... maybe a month ago? I still sometimes feed her baby food when we go out to lunch or something just Bc I don't really want her to eat much restaurant fold yet since its.filled with sodium sugars and.such. nh son took much longer I believe he was almost 18 mos before he was strictly table.food.
  9. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    DD never really ate baby food..she is tongue-tied and it made her gag..she got her first two teeth at 8 month and we gave her soft table food..but she still breastfed too.
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He mainly eats what we do like spaghetti, mashed potatoes. Whatever I make I make him a small serving. He still has 4-5 bottles a day, so basically it's when you/they feel like they're ready?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast