Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A brag and a problem (BF related)

1. Senior Member

Help A brag and a problem (BF related)

Advertisements
    First with the brag: I pumped 4 oz off one breast this morning!!!

Now the problem: I pumped 4 oz off one breast this morning!!!

I seem to be having an overproduction problem. I am producing WAY more milk than she needs and that is saying a lot for Little Miss Piggy. We had to go buy a pump because in the morning I have to pump just so she can latch onto my breast otherwise it would be like nursing off of a bowling ball. When my milk lets down I feel like I am drowning my poor child. Not to mention I have had to double up my breast pads otherwise I leak through them. If she doesn't eat every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night I am miserable.

I had issues with low supply with the boys, and I was worried about that. Go figure. So I am not sure what to do? I have been pumping in between feedings if she sleeps longer, but I am sure that is just causing me to produce more. So do I stop pumping in between, and deal with the engorgement until she wants to eat, then just pump off some milk so that she can latch on?

She eats off one breast at a time at night every 3-4 hours. And during the day mostly she will eat as soon as she wakes up on one side, be up for a half an hour or so then want to eat again and she gets the other side. Rinse and repeat every 2-3 hours.

If you have any idea what I can do I would really appreciate it because my freezer is going to be nothing but breast milk storage soon. And somehow the boys do not find breast milk nearly as appetizing as pizza rolls and hot pockets
  2. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Sorry forgot how old she is. I went through the same issue with my son when I first got my milk in, but it gradually accomodated his actual feeding by around 3 months. I don't have any actual advice but I wish you lots of luck ! I had supply issues with my girls too and then my son came along and all he ever took was the breast. Any bottles, pacifiers ect... were a no go
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommie2My4Angels View Post
    Sorry forgot how old she is. I went through the same issue with my son when I first got my milk in, but it gradually accomodated his actual feeding by around 3 months. I don't have any actual advice but I wish you lots of luck ! I had supply issues with my girls too and then my son came along and all he ever took was the breast. Any bottles, pacifiers ect... were a no go
    She's 3 weeks today!!
  4. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by docsRN View Post
    She's 3 weeks today!!
    Aww I would definitely say that could be the issue then. When my milk first officially came in I could pump buckets, but as he got older I felt like I would never get enough together for the bottle he wasn't going to eat anyway.
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Stop pumping all together! Your telling your body you need more milk when you don't. Also feed off of one side only unless she acts hungry after finishing.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    Yeah, your milk will really start regulating around 10-12 weeks. In the mean time, I would only pump enough to "take the edge off" (a couple ounces).

Have you tried the Lansinoh disposable pads? Those were the only ones that I wouldn't leak through. They work really well!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Stop pumping all together! Your telling your body you need more milk when you don't. Also feed off of one side only unless she acts hungry after finishing.
    So should I offer her the same breast for the comfort nursing after she has been awake for a while? Or should I continue to feed off of one side then when she wants to nurse to go to sleep (comfort) offer the other side? And I have to pump some otherwise she can't latch on at all because they are so engorged.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Yeah, your milk will really start regulating around 10-12 weeks. In the mean time, I would only pump enough to "take the edge off" (a couple ounces).

Have you tried the Lansinoh disposable pads? Those were the only ones that I wouldn't leak through. They work really well!
    I haven't tried that brand yet but I will get some. Thanks.
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by docsRN View Post
    So should I offer her the same breast for the comfort nursing after she has been awake for a while? Or should I continue to feed off of one side then when she wants to nurse to go to sleep (comfort) offer the other side? And I have to pump some otherwise she can't latch on at all because they are so engorged.
    Then make sure you don't pump more then .5-1oz. ?Unless you need a supply for going back to work it is not good to pump every day all the time. Once a day usually every couple days is best unless you need to stock pile.
    Yes every nurse season switch sides.
    Once you get your supply down the engorment will stop, then you can resume a more laid back pumping time spaced out.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Also make sure you change your pads at every feeding. I use to just keep a box next to where I usually nurses.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast