Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long

1. Senior Member

How long

Advertisements
    did it take you to accept your " new" body after giving birth ?

I'm 8 months out and while I'm by no means overweight, I'm still struggling to accept having bigger hips ( i went from a zero to 5 ish)and bust. And then there are strech marks I know theres creams to get rid of them but i've yet to find one that works( / in my price range) .

I guess i'm having a hard time accepting the permant changes
  2. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

My rib cage spread and I had not shed all of the weight I gained from Ryley before I got pregnant this time. I'm still having issues and I know it's going to get worse. I just keep telling myself this is my last child so after she/he's born I'll have plenty of time to work on myself. Now with Christian it took about ten months and I was okay after that.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  3. Life is too short to wake up with regret
    Life is too short to wake up with regret

Im 16m PP and i still haven quite comes to grip with it. I am at my pre preggo weight but alot of my clothes are still a little tight. I don't like the way I look naked but I also haven't been hitting them gym as much as I should.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I know it was close to a year. I have pretty much accepted my body is just not going to go back to the way it was before.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    I know it was close to a year. I have pretty much accepted my body is just not going to go back to the way it was before.
    I guess thats just what I need to accept. I'm just as healthy, I'm in a normal weight, I run a 15 mintute mile but i still get dissapointed when i can't get back in my pre - preggo jeans
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    I guess thats just what I need to accept. I'm just as healthy, I'm in a normal weight, I run a 15 mintute mile but i still get dissapointed when i can't get back in my pre - preggo jeans
    Holy cow I can't even run a mile but it really is a mental thing, I wish there were a magic formula to get past the mental block of getting back to pre preggo size.
  7. Senior Member
    It was probably about 9 months or so after my second that I was starting to accept the changes. I had worked my butt off to look good again. I make it a point not to have a scale in the house because I just want to look and feel good, I don't care what weight I am as long as I have those feelings.

Right now I'm having a really hard time and am almost 7 months PP. I have been working out, watching what I eat, and trying to at least dress in a way that makes me feel good, but it's been really hard. I'm hoping once I can get down an extra few pounds that my views will change a bit. I know I will never be where I was before since there have been so many changes in my body, but I'd at least like to feel good. I know it takes time, I'm just getting a little impatient

I think it's like a grieving process really and then learning to celebrate the new changes as well. It depends on the person as to how long that takes though

I hope you start loving your new body soon, as it's done amazing things
  8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I'm still trying to accept certain aspects of it (I'm 4 months PP). I'm almost at my pre-pregnancy weight but my hips widened so I went from a 4/5 to a 7/8. I'm honestly not bothered by that, or my new D boobs, as much as I am with my flabby stretch mark covered stomach and stretch marked thighs. I used to love my legs....not so much anymore. I have a hard time feeling sexy or pretty these days

9. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    My only real problem with all this is the stretch marks.
    They really do bug me, mainly because I've got a fair bit, and they itch so darn badly!
    Also I can't fit into some of my pants still and IDK if I ever will cause they baerly go past my knees when I pull them up.
    Once my doctor OKs it though I do plan to start working out and hopefully getting into shape.
    My boobs don't do much though. I do have some stretch marks on them though

But it's not bothering me too much. cause I know that i can fix it with time. I just have to find the dedication.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieBot View Post
    My only real problem with all this is the stretch marks.
    They really do bug me, mainly because I've got a fair bit, and they itch so darn badly!Also I can't fit into some of my pants still and IDK if I ever will cause they baerly go past my knees when I pull them up.
    Once my doctor OKs it though I do plan to start working out and hopefully getting into shape.
    My boobs don't do much though. I do have some stretch marks on them though

But it's not bothering me too much. cause I know that i can fix it with time. I just have to find the dedication.
    I HATE it when they itch! cause they feel werid when stratch it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast