Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathtime Question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Bathtime Question

Advertisements
    Wyatt has been in the 'big boy tub' (normal tub ) since he was 5mos old. He has a hard, plastic bath seat that he sits in during his bath (it has these plastic bars and he sits inside it. It's open to the tub, though) to contain him and keep him safe. Well, our pack-out is the Monday after this coming one and, unfortunately, it's too big and not at ALL flexible to go into my luggage with us. We're looking at between 6-8 weeks between packing out and our shipment arriving in Guam.

I'm concerned with bathing him without that seat. I've tried a few times and he's just all over the tub. I have the stickies on the tub to not make it slippery and also a tub mat but he wants to swim. He tries crawling IN the tub which causes him to slip and slide and bang his head and stuff. I lean over trying to hold him still or keep him sitting but it's almost worse because then he's trying to pull up on my arms/shoulders and when he does, he still slips and falls.

How do y'all (without these bath seats) keep your kids contained and sitting in the tub? Right now, my only idea is for him to shower WITH me (which I've done several times) but that eliminates one of the highlights of his day
    I've also thought about getting into the tub with him but our tub here is smaller than average and I can't sit in it so unless the hotel and our house in Guam end up having nice, big garden tubs, that's really not an option either.

I just want to keep Wyatt safe
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've never used a bath seat.

Put a towel down under him. That will keep him from sliding all over.

you could also do little showers. Put just enough to get the towel wet and use a shower head for the rest.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    We don't have a really big tub and I still get in with CJ a lot and I'm getting a big belly . He thinks it's more fun than being in by himself though. I'm doing it less as I'm getting pregnant, but he is walking and I'm still able to get a firm grip on him if need be. At the crawling stage I took 99% of the baths with him.

I also if it's just a quick bath put him in the kitchen sink. We've got a medium size one and it works nicely for us. He likes to sit and play with cups in it, but he does prefer the bath. It could definitely work longer term, we just prefer the bath
  4. "4 for you Glenn Coco you GO Glenn Coco!"
    "4 for you Glenn Coco you GO Glenn Coco!"
    Both my kids never used bath seats... just.baby tubs until I knew they were big enough to "let loose" in the tub. They started bathing in the.normal tub around the same.time as your son.... 6-7 months. I have a plastic non slip mat down that.keeps them from.slipping and.sliding....but.they're older.now and.take baths together. He might also just wanna explore the water? My daughter is like that. Loves being in the water lying down in it and.such....I just.run the bath water really low where she can play without getting a faceful of water when she.lies.down.in it. I hoped that helped!
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I always just make sure the sink is clean and bathe Ada in that. Put a towel in the bottom of that so she doesn't sit on a cold surface though. She's starting to splash alot when I put her in, though, lol.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Senior Member
    DD is 8 months and I let her crawl around the tub ( the water is really low of course) she doesn't slip and slide at all I used to sit with her and hold her up before I trusted her crawling ability . She likes to splash her plastic boats and look at her reflection in that shiny circle thing underneath the faucet
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    DD is 8 months and I let her crawl around the tub ( the water is really low of course) she doesn't slip and slide at all I used to sit with her and hold her up before I trusted her crawling ability . She likes to splash her plastic boats and look at her reflection in that shiny circle thing underneath the faucet
    This is pretty much what we did at this stage. It was impossible trying to contain her madness then she went through a stage where she only wanted to stand in the tub boy did that drive me nuts!
  8. Life is too short to wake up with regret
    Life is too short to wake up with regret
    LO has used big bath since 5m. We have a none slid coating I added so she could crawl around with out slipping. She does fine.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I get in with her. Then again, I always have gotten in the tub with her. We used the baby tub like twice lol
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I didn't realize so many people didn't use a bath seat! I can't imagine bathing him without that seat at 5mos old so kudos to y'all!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions, I guess it's going to be trial and error with Wyatt depending on what the hotel and new house's tubs look like. Maybe we'll just stick to him showering with me after our stuff is picked up and setting up his pop-up pool in the yard so he can have 'bath time' that way. That's a lot less slippery and he won't be conking his head on porcelain.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast