Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Small Space Organization For Baby Things?

1. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..

Small Space Organization For Baby Things?

Advertisements
    My friend has a 2 bedroom apartment, 1 room is for her and her hubs and the 2nd room is for her almost 4 year old daughter. She's due in about 2 weeks with her 3rd kiddo a boy

Problem being, she has no room for him in her apartment and they cannot afford to move. [She's fighting the sob who refuses to let her see her second DD for no legal reason]. So her entire living room is just jam packed with baby things, the pack and play [though I think she should fold it up but she has it filled with baby stuff] she has one of those plastic dressors full of clothes and tons more clothes just chillin'. She also squeezed in the swing in the chaos.

I bought her a Munchin Baby Care Cart and those 9 shelf cubbies but those barely have room in her living room and there's still plenty to put away. Any ideas? How did you organize all your baby stuff around the house?
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Well, we used that lol. Maybe get the storage tote drawers instead, they are stackable take up less space than the cart. Similar to this, but they have smaller ones. walmart storage bins - Google Search
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

can the cubby go in the hallway? The plastic drawers could go in her daughters closet? I had a friend that used one of the kitchen cabinets for her babys things. If she doesn't have a bassinet, she could use the pack n' play in the bedroom. For toys, a laundry hamper works well. does she had a linen/hallway closet she can store things?

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    At one point post-divorce me and my two kids were in a teeny one bedroom. I put a long dresser in the dining room like a buffet and it had all my clothes in it and got plastic drawer things for clothes and toys that I put in the closet with the hang up clothes. Those drawer organizers were a life saver, they fit perfectly into the closet under the clothes that were hung. There are also low flat containers that you can slide under beds.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  5. Senior Member
    She could try and get those things that hang on the back of the door. Like one of the things you put shoes in. Its great for lots of small stuff. I have one of the back of the bathroom door at my house with all of his bath stuff. One of my friends uses hers to have outfits put together so she doesn't have to dig through everything to find matching stuff. hope this helps a little.
  6. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    can the cubby go in the hallway? The plastic drawers could go in her daughters closet? I had a friend that used one of the kitchen cabinets for her babys things. If she doesn't have a bassinet, she could use the pack n' play in the bedroom. For toys, a laundry hamper works well. does she had a linen/hallway closet she can store things?
    When you walk into the front door 1 piece of the couch is to the left, next to it to the way to the wall that leads to the kitchen sits a side table and another 3 stack plastic bin for randoms. Walking straight through the front door in the corner is her tv stand, next to the tv stand on the far wall in a little thing I gave her 2 years ago thats just a shelf. Next to that sits the Swing, couch piece part 2 separates the living room to the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Then a coffee table in the middle of the living room.

I suggested putting the shelf I gave her 2 years ago in the Hallway walk way and putting the 9 shelf cubby there. The baby cart is the issue, it has wheels so it can be shuffled around. I'm going to try and help her organize her room to accomodate baby stuff and put their clothes [scattered everywhere since there's no washer/dryer] into the closet.

Her DD's room is packed and it holds the bassinet, in it is all of her DD's stuffed toys [thinking about those corner net things that cling up?]

No hall way closet or anything extra. Tiny apartment. 1 storage under the bathroom sink to fit everything. I can take a look at her kitchen cabinets, last time I was there babysitting there was no room and the clean pans were put on top of the cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    At one point post-divorce me and my two kids were in a teeny one bedroom. I put a long dresser in the dining room like a buffet and it had all my clothes in it and got plastic drawer things for clothes and toys that I put in the closet with the hang up clothes. Those drawer organizers were a life saver, they fit perfectly into the closet under the clothes that were hung. There are also low flat containers that you can slide under beds.
    I'm thinking maybe I can squeeze/organize things in her DD's closet better, there's so many random toys though. Those plastic kids storage sets are like $40-60 otherwise I'd buy her one to organize her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    Well, we used that lol. Maybe get the storage tote drawers instead, they are stackable take up less space than the cart. Similar to this, but they have smaller ones. walmart storage bins - Google Search
    I got her 3 of the tote drawers the cloth ones? She needs more to fit into the 9 cubby shelf. but stackable ones like the ones at walmart for files that look like milk crates? They sell them for dorm rooms?

Maybe having those in her DD's closet would help

Quote Originally Posted by Nichole View Post
    She could try and get those things that hang on the back of the door. Like one of the things you put shoes in. Its great for lots of small stuff. I have one of the back of the bathroom door at my house with all of his bath stuff. One of my friends uses hers to have outfits put together so she doesn't have to dig through everything to find matching stuff. hope this helps a little.
    Thats a great idea! Maybe even for baby storage like the powder/shoes/bath supplies/small containers of wipes/diapers