Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diaper Rash Help?

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Question Diaper Rash Help?

Advertisements
    Landon's never had a real diaper rash before so I'm not sure if that's just what this is

Does this look like just normal diaper rash that I should put Desitin on, or should I take him to the walk in? He does have a check-up on Monday, should I just wait and see if it improves and talk to the doctor about it then?

It literally appeared overnight (Oh, and he doesn't have a fever or seem very bothered by it.)

Be forewarned there's naked baby boy parts so don't scroll down if you don't want to see them or it will bother you.
    Last edited by SandyKay; 03-09-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Pics removed by staff

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Looks like diaper rash to me. Try to make sure you keep him dry and put some desitin on it (or whatever cream you use). Let him be exposed to the air if you can,that can help. You can also use just water and a washcloth instead of baby wipes. If it's not bothering him very much, I would just wait until he goes to the doctor on Monday, if it gets a lot worse you might want to have it checked out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    Looks like diaper rash to me. Try to make sure you keep him dry and put some desitin on it (or whatever cream you use). Let him be exposed to the air if you can,that can help. You can also use just water and a washcloth instead of baby wipes. If it's not bothering him very much, I would just wait until he goes to the doctor on Monday, if it gets a lot worse you might want to have it checked out!
    Thanks I'm such a worry wart still, so whenever something happens that I haven't dealt with already, I starting freaking myself out

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    Thanks I'm such a worry wart still, so whenever something happens that I haven't dealt with already, I starting freaking myself out
    You're fine! That means your a good Mommy! Mommy's are suppose to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That looks like normal diaper rash. Wyatt got his first rash a week ago and I put desitin and it actually made it worse I ended up using warm wash cloths as wipes and he got two baths (really just sitting in the water) a day. It cleared up in 3 days AFTER I stopped using the cream. I hope Landon feels better
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    That looks like normal diaper rash. Wyatt got his first rash a week ago and I put desitin and it actually made it worse I ended up using warm wash cloths as wipes and he got two baths (really just sitting in the water) a day. It cleared up in 3 days AFTER I stopped using the cream. I hope Landon feels better
    I hope the desitin helps him rather than make it worse! Either way I'll probably give him a bath and put him on his waterproof mat and let him "air out"

7. Regular Member
    try Triple Paste it the best cream for diaper rash

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    I hope the desitin helps him rather than make it worse! Either way I'll probably give him a bath and put him on his waterproof mat and let him "air out"
    Yeah, I called my mom in tears when I found the rash and she said don't put the stuff on him but it was too late and I made it worse I felt like the world's worse mother but he lived through it. It was bad for a while, though, because he was afraid of diaper changes for about a week afterward, even when it had cleared up
    Wyatt did alot of 'airing out' too. He peed on my bed but that's not the worst he's ever done to my bed so I'll take it
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

DONT USE DESTIN if you are using cloth it will ruin them!

If you are using cloth use coconut oil or CJ butt butter.

It could be a teething rash. Little miss has one right now. They are no fun. We do air time and some CJ butt butter and it normally clears up.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Poor baby
    Mine never had diaper rash like that , theirs was always just raised red bumps. I thought the white blisters meant yeast rash, but I have no clue. Also, Desitin kinda sucks for rash, IMO. Go with triple paste, buttpaste, or oil. Hope it clears up

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast