Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postpartum Sex while breastfeeding :( (TMI)

1. Senior Member

Postpartum Sex while breastfeeding :( (TMI)

Advertisements
    Ever since we have been "ok'd" to have sex at the 6 wk check up, it's been horribly painful and uncomfortable. We figured out in the beginning that I had healed up a bit 'off' from my stitches and required an out-patient procedure to correct it. Had that done - and still painful. I went back to my midwife at 9 weeks and she said everything "healed beautifully."

It still felt horrible, so I went to a different OBGYN at 14 weeks post partum and saw a dr who basically told me that I had the symptoms of a "post menopausal vagina" The tissue was very thin/fragile/dry (and basically not accommodating for DH). So, I was prescribed some Estrogen cream to use regularly and then follow up with her again. I followed up again 3 weeks later and she said things had made a significant improvement from the cream and that I would probably need to keep using it until I was done breastfeeding.

I'm honestly wondering whether there is another issue besides the fact that I'm breastfeeding. I'm absolutely terrified that I'm going to breastfeed for another 4-6 months and wean Eleanor only to find out that I'm still having major issues down there! Our sex life is totally dead right now, which means it's been almost the entire pregnancy PLUS 6 months since we've had fun, comfortable sex!

You guys are gonna laugh at this since I had a 10lb + baby - but it feels like my hooha is TOO TIGHT and small now. Like, it doesn't want to stretch, at all.

If you breastfed or are breastfeeding, are you having any kind of issues like this? I understand dryness is normal - but this is extreme. When we do manage to have sex (usually me clenching my teeth throughout), it sorta feels like I'm "squeezing" myself super tight down there doing a kegel or something.
  2. Senior Member
    I havent experienced it myself but my best friend had a baby in December and is going through the same exact thing. They suspect an infection of some sort. I hope it gets better
    Mommy since 2009
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We have our post partum appointment next week but we are bad and had sex at like 5 weeks. We used lube because I was dry... We also took it super slow because it was tender. Then we did it last night and dh said I felt super tight. Like tighter than normal, and tighter than the previous time we had sex. It was only painful for me because the scar tissue is still tender. I am breastfeeding though I normally just pump so I think that doesn't release the same hormones.

I'm so sorry you're having troubles
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I have to use way more lube then I ever have. I use to be a no need for lube girl and now it's an every time thing

Breastfeeding doesnt sound like the root of the issue
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Senior Member
    Well, the doctor said she thought it would go back to normal when I weaned because I basically have super low estrogen levels due to breastfeeding...which is why the Estrogen cream was prescribed and seems to (somewhat) help. I've technically had 5 pelvic exams postpartum and everyone has said that there is nothing physically impeding my ability to have sex.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Is there any way that it could be a hormonal imbalance? Are you on BC?
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

7. Senior Member
    I think that's basically what it is. And yes, I'm on the Nora B pill.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I have a good friend that ever since she had her 2nd child, it is very paindul for her to have sex. She has to use this numbing cream stuff, but then she can't enjoy it cause she can't do anything. She has to have surgery. I can't remember what exactly her condition is.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I saw this blogposting recently. Maybe not the same as what you are experiencing, but it might be interesting.
  10. Senior Member
    Oh wow! Thanks for sharing that! I'm going to research that condition...a few of the readers' comments mentioned in that article referenced the condition being hormone related.

So, I think for starters I'm going to stop taking the mini pill and just use condoms. And then see what happens from that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast