Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: working moms

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

working moms

Advertisements
    is it difficult to breast feed while working? i want to still work after the 6 weeks or whatever. i'm going back to the same job i had before and usually i worked 32-40 hours and a couple days a week i worked a double if i think we needed the money. those days are usually 10-14 hour days. and my shift is usually from 6 pm - 2 am. i'm scared breast feeding will be nearly impossible but i want to try my hardest.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You will have to pump a lot. I can see it being super difficult for you but I'm not going to say its impossible
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post
    You will have to pump a lot. I can see it being super difficult for you but I'm not going to say its impossible
    yeah i thought that too. eh. i hope i can pump enough.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It won't be impossible but you will have to build a supply while you're home on maternity leave and make sure that you pump a ton while you're at work (how ever many times your baby eats during the day, you will have to continue to pump while working). I'm a SAHM so I didn't actually do this but that is what you will need to do to keep up your supply. You will also need to invest in a really good pump - like hospital grade - so it will maximize your supply and also last through pumping so often/much.
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

You will have to pump a lot including during breaks at work to keep your supply up. Then letting the baby nurse when you are home which will help with your supply as well. Also Oatmeal will be a good way to make sure it stays up.

It will be hard but not impossible.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I started pumping after every feeding as soon as I first let down.
    It's not hard. But you have to know the tricks to keeping your supply up. Like drinking tons of water and making healthy food choices.
    I went back to work when Keygan just turned five weeks and worked 6-2 during the week. So I had to put every couple hours during my shift. Sometimes I would go longer. I would take a ten-minute break and get three oz from each side.
    It helps a lot to have support at your workplace. My boss was understanding, for a chauvinistic pig.

I just wrote you a novel
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Are work places required to give you breaks to pump? Because when I was working we got a 30minute break and if we wanted to get really technical we could've taken a 10 also
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Are work places required to give you breaks to pump? Because when I was working we got a 30minute break and if we wanted to get really technical we could've taken a 10 also
    i think the law is if you have more then 50 employees then they are required to give you pump breaks. however we only have like 20-30 or so girls.

9. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure, but don't quote me on that I'll be back with the state laws on that.

I know in Mississippi for us to be the last 3 among states with breastfeeding moms, we have some of the most awesome pro breastfeeding laws.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    i think the law is if you have more then 50 employees then they are required to give you pump breaks. however we only have like 20-30 or so girls.
    I think it depends on how long you work as well. If you work a five hour shift you can go with one break.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast