Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottle Warmer Help!

1. Senior Member

Bottle Warmer Help!

Advertisements
    We have the first years bottle warmer and it constantly doesn't work correctly. It doesnt heat the bottles warm enough, the outside of the bottles are really hot and the milk is still cold.

Could anyone recommend a warmer they've had a good experience with?

I'm going to target and babies r us this morning because I cannot give Ms Peyton another cold bottle because of this piece of junk warmer! Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    I have no experience with bottle warmers. When I was bfing we heated his bottles in a cup if water that we ran through our keurig. Now that he's on formula, we heat them in the microwave. Good luck!
  3. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by megsharlow View Post
    We have the first years bottle warmer and it constantly doesn't work correctly. It doesnt heat the bottles warm enough, the outside of the bottles are really hot and the milk is still cold.

Could anyone recommend a warmer they've had a good experience with?

I'm going to target and babies r us this morning because I cannot give Ms Peyton another cold bottle because of this piece of junk warmer! Thanks!
    Is it a mobile one or one in your home? I've only ever used a mobile one a couple of times and I hated the stupid thing.

If it's in your home then putting the bottle in hot water would be better.

I've heard the Dr. Browns ones are good though

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama
    I have no experience with bottle warmers. When I was bfing we heated his bottles in a cup if water that we ran through our keurig. Now that he's on formula, we heat them in the microwave. Good luck!
    You really shouldn't heat any kind of bottle in the microwave. Mocrowave heat unevely and there could be hot spots in the bottle.

Can I heat formula in a microwave? | BabyCenter (some of the member comments are really helpful too)

Bottle-feeding basics | BabyCenter
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post

You really shouldn't heat any kind of bottle in the microwave. Mocrowave heat unevely and there could be hot spots in the bottle.

Can I heat formula in a microwave? | BabyCenter (some of the member comments are really helpful too)

Bottle-feeding basics | BabyCenter
    Thanks for your concern, but it's not like I put it in the microwave for 5 minutes then give it to him. it goes in for 30 seconds at the most and then gets mixed with th formula wand. I know better then to give it to him if it's too hot.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No idea, sorry! Have you thought about something nice and easy like this?

Amazon.com: Baby Chef Flawless Formula Maker: Baby

It's a bit pricey, but if I did formula, I'd probably get something similar.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Senior Member
    Before DD was put on Nutramigen, I would heat the bottles in a big measuring cup (one of the 4 cup ones) with hot water from the tap.

At night, I have the bottles filled with water already and formula pre-measured in a dispenser(Dispenser). So at night, her bottles are all already at room temp.
  7. Senior Member
    When we did breastmilk I always just ran the bag under warm water before pouring it in the bottle. With formula I just used room temperature water.
  8. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Since her pumped breast milk gets heated in a pan of boiling water, YDD started wanting al her bottles heated (we used to serve her formula with room temp water as we did with her older sister). I just bought a first years home bottle warmer, but will check reviews before we open and start using it. I may have to return it if everyone has bad experiences like you.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    When we did breastmilk I always just ran the bag under warm water before pouring it in the bottle. With formula I just used room temperature water.
    We run bags of milk under hot water and as far as bottles, put it in a cup/dish of hot water to warm it up if your baby won't take it room temp.

The microwave not only heats unevenly but can alter the chemical composition of the milk and can cause the materials that the bottle are made of to seep into the milk.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    We run bags of milk under hot water and as far as bottles, put it in a cup/dish of hot water to warm it up if your baby won't take it room temp.

The microwave not only heats unevenly but can alter the chemical composition of the milk and can cause the materials that the bottle are made of to seep into the milk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast