Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like such an odd ball...

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Suspicious I feel like such an odd ball...

Advertisements
    There's been quite a few c-section threads flying around and basically what I've read is everyone hated it and hopes they never have to have another one

I am actually looking forward to having another c-section I was completely healed up by 4 weeks, I still have feeling around my incision, and haven't had any pain since 6 weeks and I've done plenty to exert myself. Did anyone else actually not mind their c-section or am I a freak of nature?

I'm really excited to never go through labor again if I don't want I was in labor for 25 hours before I got my c-section and the idea of not having to do that again makes me look forward even more to having another baby

Someone please tell me I'm alone

2. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I wish I was that lucky.
  3. Regular Member

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    There's been quite a few c-section threads flying around and basically what I've read is everyone hated it and hopes they never have to have another one

I am actually looking forward to having another c-section I was completely healed up by 4 weeks, I still have feeling around my incision, and haven't had any pain since 6 weeks and I've done plenty to exert myself. Did anyone else actually not mind their c-section or am I a freak of nature?

I'm really excited to never go through labor again if I don't want I was in labor for 25 hours before I got my c-section and the idea of not having to do that again makes me look forward even more to having another baby

Someone please tell me I'm alone
    Both my kids were c-sections and I healed quickly! No, I don't think you're a freak of nature!
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRa View Post
    I wish I was that lucky.

I keep seeing things like that I'm starting to think that if I have another baby I should make the trip back to NY to make sure I get the same doctor

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegousmcgf View Post
    Both my kids were c-sections and I healed quickly! No, I don't think you're a freak of nature!
    good to know I'm not alone!

5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I am really jealous that you had such a great c-section. I have so much scar tissue from my appendix surgery that c/s for me was a HUGE gamble and could have ended very badly. I am really struggling still with healing from mine physically and emotionally. Perhaps emotionally it is harder for me because I had such a wonderful vaginal birth with ODBD. Physically I used to be very very active and I notice there is a lot I still can't do .
  6. Senior Member
    My c-section experience wasn't horrible, I healed pretty quickly after. If there is ever a second baby I'd like to try to deliver vaginally but I wouldn't be upset to have another c-section.
  7. Moderator

I love C-sections. Like... a lot. I'm so so so so grateful for C-sections and mine have been excellent experiences.
  8. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post

I keep seeing things like that I'm starting to think that if I have another baby I should make the trip back to NY to make sure I get the same doctor
    Thank you for the hug!

It happens. I just didn't get the best care, unfortunately. However, I would not deliver any future children of mine at the hospital I had my baby girl at. Definitely not!!!

Since you had such a great birth experience with your OB/Doc in NY, you should def. return. At least, you know what to expect and that you are well taken care of.
  9. Senior Member
    I'm wih you Brittany. I know that where we deliver I can't have a vaginal birth now, and I'm totally ok with it. It was something I joked about after Aidan was born. I don't want to have to go through labor again. I was in labor for 3 weeks before he was born. I was happy with my section and have no problem doing it again.
  10. Senior Member
    I had a great experience with mine! I didn't really have a choice since my twins were sharing a placenta and at first I listened to all these crazy stories of awful c-sections and was so nervous but it went perfectly fine. I was never even actually in labor

I healed up just fine and I remember maybe 24 hours after having them the nurse asked me if I felt ok and I said I felt great because I wasn't pregnant anymore

I also still have feeling around/on the scar (the boys are 9 months old now) and while yes I have a scar it is down so low no one but my husband will ever be able to see it..lol.

I was worried that my abdominal muscles would be all messed up but I have been working out pretty hard recently and it looks like my stomach will be all back to normal with a bit more hard work.

My best friend delivered her baby (vaginally) a month after me and her recovery has been way worse actually. And she pushed for over 2 1/2 hours and was miserable. We joke around about this all the time because we were sure I would be the one complaining when all was said and done. But I also know her experience probably wasn't the norm.

I would do another c-section. And I would like to add I dont have a high tolerance for pain so I was shocked at how easy my recovery seemed.
    *Nobody said it would be easy..they only said it would be worth it*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast