Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding relief?

1. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT

Breastfeeding relief?

Advertisements
    Yeah, ive been having a Good bit of a stinging pain when Vera Lee latches on... And it sucks cause it's making me dread bfing and i hate feeling like that.
    Her latch is good from what i can tell. She likes to pull away and relatch a good bit idk if that could be a reason for it....
    But Does anyone have like a best way to relieve the pain? I have some lanolin or w/e cream they gave me @ the hospital. But it's not doing much D:

Hellllllp me ;___;
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads 2 ea:Amazon:Health & Personal Care
    I've hears great things about these type of things. Your on the home strech though of when the pain usually stops in about a week or so you shouldn't be having much pain or only a little pain at latching. Just keep up with putting cream in to keep your nips healed and good. And always make sure she's latched well. your almost in the good zone! Soon you won't even have to help her latch.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads 2 ea:Amazon:Health & Personal Care
    I've hears great things about these type of things. Your on the home strech though of when the pain usually stops in about a week or so you shouldn't be having much pain or only a little pain at latching. Just keep up with putting cream in to keep your nips healed and good. And always make sure she's latched well. your almost in the good zone! Soon you won't even have to help her latch.
    also check for little bumps that may be almost yellow or hard. I had no clue and I had a clogged milk duct within the first week of bfing and it stung sooo bad!!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was in excruciating pain every feeding until Aubs was about a month old-- literally in tears every time. They only bled for the first week, but it still hurt for the next three or so. What made a difference for me was letting my breasts air out (yes, I had to carry around towels because I leaked so much) and switching to disposable nursing pads that kept my nipples dry. Moist nipples = pain and increased likelihood of developing thrush.

I saw three different LCs and none of them could find a problem with the latch. So I'm pretty convinced that that pain was largely caused by keeping my nipples so moist with washable nursing pads constantly on.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

5. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Be doubly positive that her latch is good! IF your nipples are getting squished or misshaped at all it could be tongue tie. I went months not know why I was hurting so bad! Doesn't hurt to make them check her tongue
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  6. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    I second the disposable nursing pads! I bought hydro-gel pads and reusable pads because they made sense to help with the pain, but ended up discovering that they actually made it worse. The disposable nursing pads are a million times better for me. I also stopped using the lanolin because again, it kept my nipples moist. Moist = more pain. I stopped having pain about 11 days PP, but every now and then when DD latches it's like "WOAH NELLY!!"

Good luck, it DOES get better, I promise.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  7. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    Okie Thanks everyone
    I have some disposable pads my friend gave me, and I use the hell out of them xD
    I actually need to get more

It's not so bad once she does latch, its just mainly with my left breast she gets on and I'm just like "HOLY OW."
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Have you tried changing positions? I have to use a different hold with each breast with Kalista. Otherwise it isn't as comfortable and she doesn't stay latched on very long before she unlatches and bobs her head around.

9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Definitely the cooling gel pads, and changing your breast pads often The moisture can make them softer and more tender (at least it did/does with me). The first few weeks is usually the hardest. It will get better Also, make sure to check her mouth for thrush every once in awhile. It killed when DS latched on out of nowhere for a few days and there were no signs of thrush in Landon's mouth (it started under his tounge). By the time I realized what it was I was in excrutiating pain.

Not saying that's what it is by any means. It sounds to me like the normal pain that you experience when you first start breastfeeding

10. Life is too short to wake up with regret
    Life is too short to wake up with regret
    Gel pads worked but. I didnt ever think it hurt but it was definitely uncomfortable for the first few weeks by 2+ wks it was alot better. I got her positioning down and she mastered her latch. Hang in there- it will get better
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast