Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: That moment when you're reminded for the 42893040th time...

1. Senior Member

Question That moment when you're reminded for the 42893040th time...

Advertisements
    ...that you cannot go shave your legs on a whim anymore. Or...much of anything on a whim anymore.

This intro brought to you by a slightly frazzled mommy who is trying to keep perspective on my DD's age. She is CLINGY (especially to me). I walked into the kitchen twice today, once to fix her a bottle and the other to unload the dishwasher. She had a meltdown each time. FULL. ON. MOMMY-FEEL-GUILTY. tears! She does it if you go to the restroom, too. Doesn't seem to mind as much if you go upstairs.

How long does this last? Is there any chance it's indicative of something else? Is there anything I can do to lessen it, or should I even bother?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If it's something else, then Wyatt's got it, too. I think alot of his clingy-ness stems from DH coming and going so often which is why I'm worried about the next couple months since DH's gone until we move to Guam Sometimes Wyatt's so bad that he won't even be happy being left in his playroom while I'm in the kitchen (next room where he can still see me since we turned our dining room into his playroom). It's hard but at least he naps twice a day and goes to sleep before 8p each night.
  3. Senior Member
    Makenzi will be a year tomorrow and i was more than feed up with her clingyness today. I've gown to the point where i let her cry, she's not hurt.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

4. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    I have no advice but I feel your pain. DD is not interested in DF right now AT ALL. She is completely and totally attached to my boobs what feels like 24/7 and it's driving me bonkers!!!!
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    If it's something else, then Wyatt's got it, too. I think alot of his clingy-ness stems from DH coming and going so often which is why I'm worried about the next couple months since DH's gone until we move to Guam Sometimes Wyatt's so bad that he won't even be happy being left in his playroom while I'm in the kitchen (next room where he can still see me since we turned our dining room into his playroom). It's hard but at least he naps twice a day and goes to sleep before 8p each night.
    DH and I both work full-time. I wonder about stuff like that affecting her, but it's been this way (just changing shifts) since she was 3 mos. old. I don't often get the whole day with just her, though, so it totally worked on me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanna View Post
    Makenzi will be a year tomorrow and i was more than feed up with her clingyness today. I've gown to the point where i let her cry, she's not hurt.
    HEY! I haven't been around as much as I'd like lately, so I haven't seen your updates, but congrats (as I look at your ticker)! Good to see you, Sav.
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    When dyl was at that stage he could follow me every where, so I just let him follow while I do my stuff. Or I would let him cry cause I usually wasn't gone longer the. 5-10 minutes.
    its rough. Dd is alot worse then ds was.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    ODD is 6 and still tries to come in the bathroom with me sometimes. I don't remember when the clingyness really ended with her. I just remember rejoicing when I got to go to the bathroom alone for the first time in a really, really long time.

And I'm reminded I can't do things I need to do when I want to pretty much every time I try to do them. YDD is becoming pretty clingy. DH is on leave now and I posted on Facebook how excited I am because I'll be able to shower during the day again, eat meals at meal times again, and generally do stuff I need to do when I want/need to do them most of the time.
  8. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

My youngest was the same way. I can safely say she grew up with no emotional scars from her clingy stage..me on the other hand..
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Dd is starting to be this way. I'll put her in her play yard (which just around the corner from the kitchen) and go into the kitchen to get something to drink, she starts whimpering and crying. I have to keep talking to her while I'm in the kitchen otherwise she goes on a screaming bender.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.