Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you look? (Might be TMI for some)

1. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.

Did you look? (Might be TMI for some)

Advertisements
    Postpartum, at your stitches down under........did you look?

(Obviously this doesn't apply to C-sections, I'm talking about vaginal destruction)

I refuse to look.

I also refuse to let DF look. I'm terrified of what it might look like and that it would just freak him out. He laughs and says "I watched her come out, and the after birth, there is nothing scarier than that" - but I still don't want to think about what things might look like down there.

I tore top and bottom. Nobody told me that it's possible to tear at the top, and I NEVER thought about it - but there is definite damage and some stitches. The tearing isn't bad according to the doctors....but it's MY vagina dammit and anything that involves stitches and my vagina is just not kosher.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    set up the webcam, I will take a gander for you and let ya know how bad it is! Will check your cervix while we are at it
  3. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Im so worried about getting preggo going through labor and tearing. I wonder what they did back in the day?

I would look, but I would probably only do it once and not let DB do it unless I couldn't see and needed to know if they were healed.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by His♥PITA View Post
    set up the webcam, I will take a gander for you and let ya know how bad it is! Will check your cervix while we are at it

To answer the question, I had a few stitches with my son. No, I did not look. It never occurred to me to look. And I wouldn't have let my husband look either, if it had occurred to me.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Scott wouldn't let me look at anything down there. He actually specifically said, "I don't want you looking at anything down there for a while, because I'm worried that you might get scared." And he was serious I peeked once in the first couple days while he was at work and I had about 6 GIGANTIC purple hemmorrhoids out and my vagina looked like frankengine (I had like 30 something stitches ). I wish I hadn't looked In the future, I won't look for at least a couple of weeks.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by His♥PITA View Post
    We don't have wire coat hangers, so I suppose there will be no cervix checking.

I'm pretty sure even my cervix is still recovering.

And, um, ew.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I was just discussing pregnancy, birth, and tearing with DF. He sounded horrified, but still wants children. he refuses to be a seahorse.

I think, knowing my predisposition of curiosity, I would look no matter what anyone told me. I might , , and but I would look.
  8. Senior Member
    This thread is scaring me, I shouldn't have opened it.

I would have to look, though. I would just need to know. But I wouldnt let my husband see.
  9. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    I was just discussing pregnancy, birth, and tearing with DF. He sounded horrified, but still wants children. he refuses to be a seahorse.

I think, knowing my predisposition of curiosity, I would look no matter what anyone told me. I might , , and but I would look.
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    This thread is scaring me, I shouldn't have opened it.

I would have to look, though. I would just need to know. But I wouldnt let my husband see.
    Oh God, just wait until I get around to posting an entry in my blog about labor. That should keep your minds off of kids for life.
  10. Senior Member
    Heck no, I didn't look. I was wrecked... the OB told me that, the midwife told me that, and DH told me that. (DH only saw when DS was born.) My midwife told me not to look. I had to make at least 2 trips back to the doctor before my 6 week PP check-up because I was such a wreck. It hurt like hell... and I knew that anything that felt like that didn't need to be seen.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast