Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that's a blow to the ego... (Kinda long)

1. Senior Member

Sad Well that's a blow to the ego... (Kinda long)

Advertisements
    DD's ped switched her formula to soy based. (She was super fussy, gassy, and had diarrhea on the cow's milk based formula.)

We switched it today after her appointment. My Mom gave her a bottle of the soy while I was taking a nap and according to my Mom she took it with no problems. I completely believe my Mom, she has absolutely no reason to lie about anything like that, and would never.

Four hours later, DD started fussing for another bottle. I warmed it up and went to feed her. She started out aggressively on the bottle but after maybe 4-5 sucks, she turned away and would start screaming. This continued for about 5-10 minutes, then my Dad suggested handing her off to my Mom. I did. And she took the bottle fairly easily, she didn't fuss/scream until the very end of it.

Two hours after that one, she wanted another bottle. Warmed it up, she took 1oz (she averages 3.5 normally) and then started screaming again. Again, my Mom took her, she finished taking her usual amount and didn't fuss/scream until the end.

I feel like such a failure because I can't even feed my own DD.

I don't know how much more I can take of DD refusing to let me feed her, seeing DD in discomfort, deployment stress, in-laws being pushy, and a fast approaching PCS.

Sorry for the whiny post, but I needed to get this out somewhere.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I can't imagine how tough that is, I have no advice on what to do, but wanted to give you
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I can sympathize. DS will get in a screaming fit sometimes and nothing I do will help. Then suddnely if my friend (who's also his babysitter) takes him, he instantly stops crying and starts smiling.

It will get better Maybe, as much as it sucks, try feeding your LO through the tantrum instead of giving her to your mom. DS wouldn't take a bottle from me for the first 8 weeks, and now only occassionally will (that's probably because I BF though so he associates me with boobs for food, not bottle).

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Could you try to match how your mom is holding her and see if maybe she's sitting up more or flatter? I'm so sorry
  7. Senior Member
    Thanks for the hugs ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    I can sympathize. DS will get in a screaming fit sometimes and nothing I do will help. Then suddnely if my friend (who's also his babysitter) takes him, he instantly stops crying and starts smiling.

It will get better Maybe, as much as it sucks, try feeding your LO through the tantrum instead of giving her to your mom. DS wouldn't take a bottle from me for the first 8 weeks, and now only occassionally will (that's probably because I BF though so he associates me with boobs for food, not bottle).

Ugh.. I get that they can't rationalize things and want a change because whatever it is isn't working, but it's so heartbreaking when we can't fix it. Thankfully, I can still get her to stop crying and go to sleep.

To the bold- That'll be happening at the very least during the night. But I worry because I don't want her to start associating me feeding her despite her screaming and discomfort.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post

Could you try to match how your mom is holding her and see if maybe she's sitting up more or flatter? I'm so sorry
    This is what I did with the second time I tried to feed her. I managed to get her to take a full ounce before she refused the bottle from me.

It hurts after a month of her not having any problems and this came on so suddenly.
  9. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Signature removed due to size.
    :)
    Blog Entries
    Babies can sense your stress...maybe that's what's wrong. She senses your stress and it stresses her out. Your mom probably is calm so it helps her stay calm.

My girls use to do the same...I learned to calm down and not be so stresses and they weren't as fussy.

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast