Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: sad..

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

sad..

Advertisements
    my son is still in the hospital, I posted awhile ago about him having surgery and I havent posted since then but he has been recovering in the nicu for the past 2 and a half weeks. He had an obstruction in his small intestines and had to cut it out and re-attach it. I have been so stressed and some days I am fine and some days I am sad, and right now im pretty sad. Yesterday they told us that DS would be coming home we get to the hospital with his car seat and wait around for them to give us the OK. WELL the drs came in and say they want to keep him longer They said hes doing well but he is pooping alot, which is fine, but not keeping on enough weight. so they want to see him gain more weight, although i personally think hes doing well, hes already 9lbs 4oz. which is more than what he was when he first came into the hospital. & they said he is anemic, so we will have to give him iron when we get home. The Drs are also saying that is intestines are still very dilated from the obstruction, but thats okay because hes eating well. I am just so upset because they got our hopes up by saying hes coming home and now hes not.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I am so sorry. that he is able to come home soon and continues to recover.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm so sorry that you three are having to go through this.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hugs hon i know how you feel we have been through it the last 5 times Sabrina has been hospitalized and will no doubt do it this week while she is in.

while i know that it is deflating and sad, i would rather they cover all basis and keep them in that way if something does go wrong i would not have to get as scared and bring them back in. this way i am more confident that when they come home, they are truly ready to come home. does that make sense.

but your are right it still sucks. hugs again hon i know you need them right now.
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  5. Senior Member
    :big sad hug I am so sorry you are going through this. My good friend's baby had to have that surgery and be in the NICU. It was really tough and just like you they thought they would come home one day just to stay a couple extra days. But if it is any help her baby girl is doing great now. She a is chunky monkey and happy.

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers that everything looks good enough to the doctors so he can come home this time. Hang in there Momma, you are super strong to have gone through this and it will be over soon.
  6. Senior Member
    I hope he gets to come home soon.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I hope he gets to go home soon.

I Eelizah