Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Washable Breastpad Users!

1. Senior Member

Washable Breastpad Users!

Advertisements
    How many pairs of washable breastpads do you have? There is a co-op going on for bububibi bamboo breastpads and I want to get some to use but I dont know how many I should get. I was thinking 5 pairs to start off with would be good. I am just tired of having to buy the disposable ones and Im horrible about throwing away the wrappers so I find them everywhere.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Warning-- washables work for a lot of people, BUT-- when I use them, it keep my nipples just a bit damp, so they get REALLY tender after a day or two and it hurts to nurse. The dispoables keep me dry and comfortable. Just something to consider. When I was using washables, I had about 10 pairs because I had to change them every time I fed.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Warning-- washables work for a lot of people, BUT-- when I use them, it keep my nipples just a bit damp, so they get REALLY tender after a day or two and it hurts to nurse. The dispoables keep me dry and comfortable. Just something to consider. When I was using washables, I had about 10 pairs because I had to change them every time I fed.

didn't have that many pairs though. They made me damp too and I leaked through them, then some of them get weird after you wash them and you have to straighten the inside padding out. Plus many of them are bulkier than disposible and can be seen through certain clothes.
    If you do use them you need to make sure you stay dry because being damp can cause thrush.
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I dont really leak much except for at night or if I skip a feeding (I guess that can change). But these are like $2.90 a pair so I figure if they dont work I'm not out that much money.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I loved my Nuk washables. I had 20 pairs just because I kept forgetting that I bought some already when I was pregnant so I would get another box. It worked out well, though, since I don't do laundry everyday. I think I only ever leaked through mine twice and that was at the very beginning when my milk was still regulating. I pretty much wore two pairs in the daytime and one overnight. Although I haven't leaked for over six months, now so they're all clean and haven't been worn for that long (YAY).