Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breast pumping help.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Breast pumping help.

Advertisements
    So I have been mainly pumping since DS was born. He latches on once or twice a day but after that I mainly pump.

I was producing gallons (or thats how it felt) of milk when my milk first came in. I was doing good with pumping and I got a good amount frozen. Well MIL came to visit so I slacked on pumping and I feel like my supply has gone down. I am not pumping a ton a day but several times.

I worry that once DS grows I won't have enough milk in a day for him. Soooo all you breastfeeding gurus how do I get my supply up again?
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Pump, nurse, and eat oatmeal. It will help.

I pump and get a lot of milk but it makes me tender so I don't do it much. That and Naomi won't take a bottle. I am going to try a TT Cup and see if she will take that in case I have to go back to work part time.

Any reason in particular you chose to mainly pump?
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Your supply tends to even out to how often you nurse/pump. Nursing usually is better for your supply from what I've heard, but basically your body will adjust itself to how much/often he's eating, so it's unlikely you won't have enough. If you want to up your supply just start pumping (or nursing) more often and do what HisByzantineLove suggested
    Last edited by *IGrow'EmXL*; 02-13-2012 at 12:43 AM.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Nursing is going to be the best to get your supply up. The first day or two will be him nursing a bunch - you'll feel like he's a permanent fixture but IT ENDS! It will regulate, again. Nurse exclusively for a few days-week then start introducing regular pumping sessions back into your schedule. Eat tons of oatmeal, especially before bed and drink tons and tons of water, even moreso than when you were pregnant.

You may also benefit from a LC or La Leche League and they can sit down with you and answers questions, give you tips for your pump and nursing Tristan.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Grr I'm mad I made a reply and it didn't post. I personally am not fond of breastfeeding. Just would rather bottle. I'm not going to sugar coat the reasons why I wanted to breastfeed in the first place. My reasons are lose weight, save money and... Lose weight. I know they say breast is best but I personally think formula is just fine. I was a formula baby and I'm fine. guess I'm just weird.

But I'll just have to pump more and I'll try the oatmeal thing.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post
    Grr I'm mad I made a reply and it didn't post. I personally am not fond of breastfeeding. Just would rather bottle. I'm not going to sugar coat the reasons why I wanted to breastfeed in the first place. My reasons are lose weight, save money and... Lose weight. I know they say breast is best but I personally think formula is just fine. I was a formula baby and I'm fine. guess I'm just weird.

Why don't you like breastfeeding?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Nursing is going to be the best to get your supply up. The first day or two will be him nursing a bunch - you'll feel like he's a permanent fixture but IT ENDS! It will regulate, again. Nurse exclusively for a few days-week then start introducing regular pumping sessions back into your schedule. Eat tons of oatmeal, especially before bed and drink tons and tons of water, even moreso than when you were pregnant.

You may also benefit from a LC or La Leche League and they can sit down with you and answers questions, give you tips for your pump and nursing Tristan.
    Thanks, maybe I'll try the strictly nursing a few days this week.

Another reason why I'm not a huge fan of DS latching is he is very VERY particular on how he is positioned! His head and body has to be just so! It can become frustrating and tiring and poor guy gets so worked up. He did this in the hospital and the nurse was pretty blown away by his pickiness! Also he will start to slip off and just have my nipple which we all know hurts like hell!!! But I try and endure it because making him relatch is yet another struggle!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Why don't you like breastfeeding?
    I have nothing against it just never wanted to do it, never thought I would. I know I'm
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post

I don't think there's anything wrong with forumla, I too, was a forumla baby.

I basically EBF because besides the benefits of breastfeeding, I honestly enjoy it. I find it very....ugh, I can't think of the word But I feel like it brings Landon and I closer if that makes sense I enjoy the "closeness" of it, and think it hurts a lot less than pumping (I get really sore from pumping).

10. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with forumla, I too, was a forumla baby.

I basically EBF because besides the benefits of breastfeeding, I honestly enjoy it. I find it very....ugh, I can't think of the word But I feel like it brings Landon and I closer if that makes sense I enjoy the "closeness" of it, and think it hurts a lot less than pumping (I get really sore from pumping).

I agree. That is how I feel too. I love my nursing cuddly time. I get sore from pumping too.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast