Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping on belly?

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Sleeping on belly?

Advertisements
    When did you start letting your LO sleep on their tummy?

Landon seriously won't sleep more than 45 minutes on his back these days. As soon as I bring him on my chest, belly to belly, he'll sleep great. I've never tried to have him sleep on his belly in his basinnett because frankly, I'm petrified of it

He can lift his head just fine, and has good support, but he can't roll over yet. So...when did you start letting your LO sleep on their belly? When they could roll over? Was it a certain age? Or something else entirely?

2. Senior Member
    Can he roll from his belly to his back?
  3. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    When she could roll from belly to back. And also if it is a nap and you are right there to check on them they are fine to sleep no their belly. Just not all night if they can't roll from belly to back.
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    My son pretty much always slept on his tummy . He didn't sleep on his back well. I babysat for some residents a couple weeks ago and she acted embaressed to admit they have him sleep on his belly (he's 3 months), and was relieved that I said my son always did. I figure, if they have the intuition to turn their heads to keep from aspirating spit up, they have the intuition to turn their heads to keep from suffocating.
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama View Post
    Can he roll from his belly to his back?
    Nope. He rolled when he was 3 weeks old and 5 weeks old but has refused to even try to roll since.

Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post
    When she could roll from belly to back. And also if it is a nap and you are right there to check on them they are fine to sleep no their belly. Just not all night if they can't roll from belly to back.
    thank ya. That's what I thought

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    when he could roll all the way around. he didn't sleep on his tummy very often though.
  7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by SugaInMyPockets View Post
    My son pretty much always slept on his tummy . He didn't sleep on his back well. I babysat for some residents a couple weeks ago and she acted embaressed to admit they have him sleep on his belly (he's 3 months), and was relieved that I said my son always did. I figure, if they have the intuition to turn their heads to keep from aspirating spit up, they have the intuition to turn their heads to keep from suffocating.
    I've been tempted to try it since he obviously hates sleeping on his back, but I'm too scared to

8. Senior Member
    When they were able to roll themselves over then I let them sleep however they wanted but prior to that I "propped" them very slightly with a blanket so they were a little on their side but not so much that it would cause them to roll to their face. They seemed to sleep better that way.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    I've been tempted to try it since he obviously hates sleeping on his back, but I'm too scared to
    My cousin Brittany said that her son has slept on his tummy since he was a couple of weeks old-- he just wouldn't sleep any other way. It would still make me uncomfortable, though-- luckily, Aubs rolls belly to back, but if she didn't, I honestly don't think that I would let her sleep on her tummy But that's probably me being paranoid.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

DS2 slept on his belly from the beginning. DS1 I was paranoid but he would NOT sleep on his back, it would last a whole 2-4 minutes and he'd be awake and crying. He was probably about 6 or 7 weeks old when I gave in and let him sleep on his belly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast