Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is harder than I thought...

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

This is harder than I thought...

Advertisements
    So on top of Landon having acid reflux, it turns out that more than likely he has a dairy allergy That's why he had blood in his poop last week and again 3 days ago. So....I've had to cut out all dairy since I'm BF, and let me just say, I never realized just how much dairy I ate I love milk, and even more than that I'm a cheese fanatic. I put cheese on everything

So I bought Silk as my milk subsitute, which really isn't bad. It's definitely not the real thing, but not bad if I have no choice I also found some soy based shredded cheese, so I made my first soy pizza today. It wasn't a good ol' NY pizza, but it wasn't terrible.

The things we do for our children. I'm definitely using this as a guilt trip when he's older

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

LOL I know just what you mean! I cut out dairy for about 2 1/2 weeks when Aubs was a newborn to see if that was why she was so colicky (nope! she still cried lol) and it was hell! Cheese goes with EVERYTHING!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Kudos to you for being able to do that. That is rough. I am like you I adore dairy. I have grown to a taste of Almond Milk it's really pretty good.
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    LOL I know just what you mean! I cut out dairy for about 2 1/2 weeks when Aubs was a newborn to see if that was why she was so colicky (nope! she still cried lol) and it was hell! Cheese goes with EVERYTHING!
    It does! I put cheese in my potatoes, extra cheese in my mac n' cheese, I'm a huge italian food person, to mozzarella, ricotta, or paremesean cheese go in or on almost all my italian food

Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Kudos to you for being able to do that. That is rough. I am like you I adore dairy. I have grown to a taste of Almond Milk it's really pretty good.
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be eating or drinking the stuff I bought very often because it's not like "ooo I'm in love" with the taste

5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    The things we do for our children. I'm definitely using this as a guilt trip when he's older
    Yup. I'm DEFINITELY using having to store my pee in a jug in the fridge on ours when they are older.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Dairy is typically one that kids outgrow, along with eggs
  7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    Yup. I'm DEFINITELY using having to store my pee in a jug in the fridge on ours when they are older.
    Make sure it's when he's brings his first gf over for dinner. Timing is everything

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Dairy is typically one that kids outgrow, along with eggs
    Yeah, that's what they tell me It just sucks for the moment. I've had to change my diet more now BFing than I ever did while I was pregnant with him

8. Banned
    Banned
    How did they decide it was milk?
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    How did they decide it was milk?
    It's more of a guess Usually when a baby has runny stool, blood in it, and smelly it tends to be a dairy allergy. The only real way to tell is to have me cut it out of my diet and see if it improves. Apparently it takes around 2 weeks for dairy to completely leave your system.

10. Moderator

I am so sorry! We had to mess around with my diet when I was nursing my youngest and it was a difficult time.

You might want to pick up some almond milk. It is much better tasting than soy, honestly. I can't have soy, since it can mess with thyroid stuff, so I was so glad to find out that almond milk was yummier anyway.

Hopefully, you can find out what is upsetting his belly and this is all short lived!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast