Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hormone/ Metabolism changes?

1. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...

Hormone/ Metabolism changes?

Advertisements
    Did any of you experience this as a new mom? Before I got pregnant, I had so much energy. Now, I just feel like of sluggish all of the time. Not depressed, I'm really happy and loving life-- but I feel like my body just cant keep up with everything my brain wants to do!

I'm going to make an appointment to talk with my doctor, but I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing or if I'm just a freak.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I feel the same way. I chalk it up to being crazy busy with everything that involves Wyatt that by the time I get some free time, I use it to shower or eat - you know, the luxuries I get stuff done when I get to it and if that means that dishes sit around for a day or so, then so be it.
  3. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    I thought about that too. Braxton at most is sleeping two and a half hours at night still. Which is okay. He is hungry! Eating and growing so I will take it, but its a rough schedule...

But I feel like this exceeds that, even. I guess Im not sure since Ive never done this before... but I just feel like something is off. It drives me nuts because I have all of these great plans, and most days I dont end up getting to most of them.
  4. Senior Member
    Oh lord am I tired ALL THE TIME. I def don't think it's just you
    Our sweet girl is here!
    ZoŽ Marie- 11.02.11!

http://princessgirlface.blogspot.com/
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    I thought about that too. Braxton at most is sleeping two and a half hours at night still. Which is okay. He is hungry! Eating and growing so I will take it, but its a rough schedule...

But I feel like this exceeds that, even. I guess Im not sure since Ive never done this before... but I just feel like something is off. It drives me nuts because I have all of these great plans, and most days I dont end up getting to most of them.
    Were you just channeling me?

I definitely think it's normal...if it's not, than I'm shit out of luck

6. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    I think I have the normal tired for sure. I had that to the extreme when we were at the NICU and the first couple months at home when he ate every 45 minutes around the clock.

I dont know how to explain it. It just feels like something else is off other then lack of sleep. Or maybe Im just weird. Or getting old. Or both.
  7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    I think I have the normal tired for sure. I had that to the extreme when we were at the NICU and the first couple months at home when he ate every 45 minutes around the clock.

I dont know how to explain it. It just feels like something else is off other then lack of sleep. Or maybe Im just weird. Or getting old. Or both.
    I hope you get some answers

8. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Thanks! Im hoping they dont just tell me to suck it up. Cause thats obviously not working.