Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Regressing from Solid Foods

1. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online

Regressing from Solid Foods

Advertisements
    We started DD on solids a few weeks ago. She loved her rice cereal and whatever we put it in. I started feeding her at the same time every day and started getting her in a routine. She loved her cereal so much she literally threw a fit when she ate her last bite. But this last week she doesn't seem interested in eating at all. It doesn't matter if it's a vegetable that's she's had before or trying something new. It takes almost 45 minutes of me trying to convince to eat half of what she usually did before. I don't know if this is a phase or what.

Any ideas?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    At her age, solids is more for learning how. If she doesn't want to...don't force her to do it. Just offer and if she doesn't want it, try again tomorrow.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    At her age, solids is more for learning how. If she doesn't want to...don't force her to do it. Just offer and if she doesn't want it, try again tomorrow.

She doesn't really NEED solids...if you are still breastfeeding then she doesn't NEED solids until a year old. It's just so that they learn to swallow and such.

Lorelai hated baby food. (tongue tied didn't help) She could only swallow the meats...she would gag on everything else! If you're really wanting her to eat solids you may want to skip the baby food and go for soft solids, sweet potatoes, cauliflower/broccoli tops, etc..does she have teeth yet?
    Oh and she doesn't actually need rice cereal. It has no real benefit except it stays in her stomach longer making her feel full. We never used it.

I finally had Lolo eating solids nicely at 14 MO and when DH deployed she refused solids for 3 full weeks and uppsed her nursing majorly. She'll be ok. No worries
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Is she teething? Kaia used to refuse food when she was teething.

5. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    My kids won't eat anything except a bottle when their teefers' are bugging them.
  6. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    Thanks for the advice guys. Teething could be an issue. I don't see any bumps and she's not more drooly than normal, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean anything. I took a couple days off from feeding her solids and then started up again. She seemed to be doing pretty good for the most part. She still kinda takes her time but she's not completely refusing it/