Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How to Tell?

1. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Help How to Tell?

Advertisements
    So it looks like we all have/had the Stomach Flu Which sucks.

I had it the other day when I thought it was just food poisoning and DH has it now.

My question is how do I tell if Naomi gets it. She is 7 weeks old and BF so she spits up/pukes and has relatively runny poo normally and since puking and diarrhea are the signs I don't know exactly how to tell?

I am really worried about her getting it
  2. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

She will tell you and you will see when something isn't right. Are you BFing? I already told ya to keep an eye on her temp and any other excessive things that go beyond normal... like not eating or crankiness! she doesn't get anything!
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Anz View Post
    She will tell you and you will see when something isn't right. Are you BFing? I already told ya to keep an eye on her temp and any other excessive things that go beyond normal... like not eating or crankiness! she doesn't get anything!
    I am BFing

The only abnormal thing I have noticed is that her cry has changed to a wail which isn't normal for her but it could just be because she is getting bigger
  4. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

Well, since you are BFing, just make sure to take extra vitamin C and make sure you are taking a daily vitamin anyway. BFing her will provide pretty much everything she needs! As long as you keep the fever attended to and you keep her propped up on an angle when she sleeps (in case she throws up) then she should be fine! Any worries about it... Call the DR, they can ease your mind.
  5. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    You will not pass sickness through your breastmilk, you may actually prevent her from getting the sickness by feeding her! There have been MANY times when DH or I are sick but DD doesn't get it because she is getting all of the antibodies from the breastmilk!

If she doesn't have a fever she probably isn't sick. Even though you and your DH may not have a fever, little bodies tend to get one any time they have something like the flu.

You should still be taking your prenatals, taking them at night can sometimes help them stay down. Make sure YOU are staying as hydrated as possible...and eating when you can...but the most important thing is to stay hydrated!! Mix gatorade and water (half and half) to make sure you stay hydrated and get electrolytes.

Feel better soon!
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  6. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Off topic: Your baby girl is adorable!