Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Formula feeding help!

1. It is what it is....
    It is what it is....

Confused Formula feeding help!

Advertisements
    So Jack has been on formula since birth. In the hospital, he started with 1 oz of regular Similac Advanced every 3-4 hours. When we got home he switched to Similac Anti-gassy (per doc) and drank 3 oz every 3-3.5 hours. Now he is on Similac Alimentum (per doc) and he seems so hungry. We can't even make it to the 3 hour mark before he is wanting more. Then on the other hand, some feedings, he won't even drink 2 oz.

We have an appt tomorrow to discuss formula but I was wondering if anyone has/had a newborn that ate more than every 3-4 hours. I don't want to over feed him, but at the same time, I don't want to deny him food if he is hungry.

Help!
  2. Senior Member
    When I talked to Addison's doctor about this he said to feed her what she wanting. She did that when she was starting to transition between 2 oz every 2 hours and 4 oz every 4 hours. Even now she will just want 2 oz sometimes and 8 oz others.
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by corpsmanwife83 View Post
    When I talked to Addison's doctor about this he said to feed her what she wanting. She did that when she was starting to transition between 2 oz every 2 hours and 4 oz every 4 hours. Even now she will just want 2 oz sometimes and 8 oz others.
    Ada's the same way. We had to switch her over to the soy formula (Similac as well) because of her allergies, but it's like she doesn't get full on the same amount as what she was eating with the regular formula. Sometimes she'll take 4 oz and others she'll take 2. I hope you get everything figured out OP.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

dd eats every 2 hours for the most part.
  5. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Yes. My daughter was on Alimentum and she ate every 2 hours until she was about a month old. I was lucky to get 3 hours at nighttime.

If they're hungry, feed em!