Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do

1. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online

I don't know what to do

Advertisements
    DD is wanting to suck on something because it comforts her... But she isn't hungry and if I try to let her use me as a paci she refuses and cries. She will NOT take a binki no matter how many different kinds we tried. She tries to suck her fingers but gives up because it's not doing what she needs. I don't know what to do for her. And it doesn't help that she just had her shots

**And yes, she's already had infant tylenol. She's just tired and doesn't have anything to comfort her
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Have you tried swaddling?? All of my kids would cry as I swaddled them, but once I got it done and picked them up and bounced/rocked them in my arms, they would calm down. Ella will be 5 months on Friday and I still swaddle her to calm her... she actually smiles now when I swaddle her LOL.

Will she suck on your finger? (If you have long nails I suppose this wouldn't really work.) Ella takes a Soothie paci... seems to be the most "compatible" with breastfeeding.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I forgot to ask--how old is she now?
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. I'm so much cooler online
    She's 2 months old. I had her swaddled but that just ticked her off because she couldn't suck her hand. She won't take my finger either. I think it's also because my nails are long. We have the Soothie binks and she still won't take them. We even went for a long car ride. She slept great until we came inside. Now she's awake right now and she's playing which is very cute but it's 6 am here and I still haven't slept at all.

I think I will try swaddling her again. Hopefully she's tired enough to quit fighting it. I just wish there was a way to comfort her. She's rooting like she wants to suck, she just has nothing to suck on
  5. Senior Member
    DD is teething early so I have to hold a teething ring for her to suck/gnaw on cause she can't do it on her own yet
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That's exactly how Wyatt was after his 2 month shots. It. Was. Hell. I called my mom in tears at around 3am, after I dosed Tylenol and basically she told me, "this too shall pass". I zombie walked him for hours on end since DH was on overnight duty. I hope you get sleep soon, I totally feel your pain and really have no advice because all that worked was constantly walking and singing with him.
    MAJOR HUGS!!!
  7. New Member
    Cool damp washcloth?

One True Love
  8. I'm so much cooler online
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    That's exactly how Wyatt was after his 2 month shots. It. Was. Hell. I called my mom in tears at around 3am, after I dosed Tylenol and basically she told me, "this too shall pass". I zombie walked him for hours on end since DH was on overnight duty. I hope you get sleep soon, I totally feel your pain and really have no advice because all that worked was constantly walking and singing with him.
    MAJOR HUGS!!!
    Thanks so much for the hugs!

I did finally get to bed around 9 am here, but my dog didn't get the memo we were going to sleep not to play. And then our neighbors fire alarm went off, and we had people stomping up and down the stairs (gotta love living in an apartment ) And then finally I fell asleep only to be woken up by the dogs because they needed to go potty. But on the plus side, the baby slept through all of that
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    Thanks so much for the hugs!

I did finally get to bed around 9 am here, but my dog didn't get the memo we were going to sleep not to play. And then our neighbors fire alarm went off, and we had people stomping up and down the stairs (gotta love living in an apartment ) And then finally I fell asleep only to be woken up by the dogs because they needed to go potty. But on the plus side, the baby slept through all of that
    am? I hope you mean pm!!!

Sorry you are having a rough time, I know how that goes!
  10. I'm so much cooler online
    Quote Originally Posted by HisGirl2010 View Post
    am? I hope you mean pm!!!

Sorry you are having a rough time, I know how that goes!
    Nope definitely mean AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast