Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How old was your baby

1. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online

How old was your baby

Advertisements
    When you left them with a sitter?

My birthday is next week, and I would love nothing more than to have a nice romantic dinner with DH. But DD is barely 2 months old, and I feel guilty for wanting to drop her off at a sitters. I go back and forth. I have friends I completely trust. And I have had no problem pumping and she takes a bottle wonderfully. I know she'll be fine.

How old where they and how long did you leave them?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    DD stayed with MIL when she was 3 weeks old. (but that was crap but only because MIL sucked).

after that she was about 2 months or so when our good friend watched her. I was pleased with that one.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Not till 6 months with dyl but with rylee will be about a month when my mom gets here.

Just remember your marriage still needs the attention and it's always going to be tough to leave the baby.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    ODS was probably only a couple weeks. I trust my old neighbors completely though & DH was getting ready to deploy. YDS was more like 2 months and I actually left him with someone I met through here & who now claims he is her boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by LoveChildOfDudi View Post
    Not till 6 months with dyl but with rylee will be about a month when my mom gets here.

Just remember your marriage still needs the attention and it's always going to be tough to leave the baby.
  5. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    Thanks guys. I feel a little better about leaving her... I just hope I can fully enjoy myself and not be constantly worrying
  6. Senior Member
    My daughter was 6ish weeks old when I left her with my mom, my other daughter was about 3 months when I first left her with a good friend.
  7. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Left DD because I wanted me time/couple time where I could get someone I trusted to watcher her for a few hours?.....

DD was about a 1.5years old the first time I had real "me time" away from her before that my babysitter(my aunt) was watching her starting at 5weeks old from normally about 5am-10pm on week days because I'd go straight from school to work. Never had anyone I trusted enough or the time before that also didn't have a marriage to hold together.

Next one will likely be fairly young when DH and I go out for a date night.
    Signature removed due to size.
  8. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    ODD was about 5 weeks old, and that's how we got YDD. And that's also when we got engaged.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt went to SeaWorld with Gramma/Grampa while we spent the AM at Aquatica waterpark when he was almost three months. He had a real sitter every Monday for the past month while I had cake class for 3 hours.
  10. Senior Member
    Addison still hasn't been left with anyone for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. That's mostly because she doesn't know anyone though since we live 300 miles from all of our family and 4-5 months usually passes in between time when they see her.

For example, my cousin's gf wants DH and I to go out with her for her 21st in November when we are down there but I don't feel comfortable leaving Addison with my family since she has only seen my mom 3 times and everyone else once. DH agrees with me completely. I know we need attention to our marriage, but I feel like there are other ways of doing that without leaving a baby with people she wouldn't be comfortable with.

So I'm no help, but if you can do it more power to you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast