Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: At my wits end...

1. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA

Bang Head At my wits end...

Advertisements
    So I know every mom goes through this, but Dakota hardly slept before this teething started. She would sleep maybe a 3-4 hour stretch when I laid her down around 8:30pm. Then she wakes every two hours for a bottle and wakes when she's wet because she is very sensitive to her own urine ( I had her doctor check it and they said it's fine, so she basically just doesn't like being wet and acts like it hurting her when she pees).
    Last night I laid her down at 7:30pm because she was miserable, before bed I gave her teething tablets and 1.25ml of infant ibuprofen. She slept for about an hourand woke up no more than 5 minutes after I went in to bed. She was up ALL NIGHT!!! I'm not even exaggerating- I slept maybe 10 minutes!! Even when I tried to cuddle her on my chest and rock and sing to her she still whined. I even tried "peace and calming" essential oil, more teething tablets, triaminic, bottles, changed her.... Still nothing! She'd fall asleep for 5 minutes and wake back up. She was more than ready to wake up at 6am and watch her Mickey and play in her Jumperoo.
    I am just appalled that a baby that hardly slept before can sleep even less now and still function!! Please help me, I'm at my wits end and I'm losing all hope of ever sleeping again! I should probably mention she is 31 weeks tomorrow, weighs 20.08lbs and is 29in long. She is a healthy little girl, I just don't understand what I'm doing so wrong....

2. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    .... ?

3. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I don't have any experience with this so I just wanted to say . I really hope she starts resting soon. Is she taking frequent naps during the day? I know some babies are just extremely sensitive to teething. Have you spoke with with her pediatrician to see if he/she has any suggestions?

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  4. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    thanks! She takes two naps a day- one at 8:30a and one at around 2:30p but lately it's been harder and harder to put her down even though I know she's exhausted. I currently am researching into a new pediatrician because the current one won't see her because we aren't vaccinating till 2 yrs old. I just hope that this stops at last night and maybe tonight we'll get a good nights rest. The night before last she slept for 5 hours which was a blessing. Last night however was the night from hell...
    Last edited by mrsguardian88; 09-16-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Typo

5. Senior Member
    I'm sorry, I m still pregnant so I haven't dealt with this yet. I hope both of y'all get some relief soon. I can't imagine how frustrating and exhausting that must be.
  6. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by mrsguardian88 View Post
    thanks! She takes two naps a day- one at 8:30a and one at around 2:30p but lately it's been harder and harder to put her down even though I know she's exhausted. I currently am researching into a new pediatrician because the current one won't see her because we aren't vaccinating till 2 yrs old. I just hope that this stops at last night and maybe tonight we'll get a good nights rest. The night before last she slept for 5 hours which was a blessing. Last night however was the night from hell...
    I'm hoping she's got a tooth that's trying to break through and it's just going to be a night or two ordeal.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  7. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    She had one come through on the 11th, but she slept those nights. I think she may have the bottom one on the other side coming through now. Oh joy! to make matters worse, arrived last night and it's horrible...

8. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    I'm sorry, I m still pregnant so I haven't dealt with this yet. I hope both of y'all get some relief soon. I can't imagine how frustrating and exhausting that must be.
    Thanks hun, I appreciate it! I can't believe you're so far along already!! I'm so happy for you!!