Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 3 months too early?

1. Banned
    Banned

Question Is 3 months too early?

Advertisements
    A girl I have on my Facebook was complaining the other day about how expensive formula was. Today, her status said 'Z's first time eating baby food didn't go so well!' I was a bit shocked and puzzled because her daughter JUST turned 3 months old last week.

I was under the impression that you could try cereals at 4 months, and then baby food at 6 months.

Can you give babies baby food at 3 months? She's got 2 other kids, so I'm sure she knows the guidelines, I was just curious.
  2. Senior Member
    For me, it is too young. I started cereals with ODS at 4 months at his doctor's suggestion. He had issues keeping all the liquid down, so giving him a bit of cereal before his bottles really helped.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    back in the day it was normal to feed cereal at 6-8 weeks and start foods at 3-4 months-

both my kids started that early-

and it depends on what she is trying to feed her.
  4. Senior Member
    For me, too young as well. The doctors say not until 4 months. Their digestive system isn't really ready. I tried cereal a few days after Anna turned 4 montha, but it was kind of futile. I'm waiting until 5 or 6 months before really trying again.
    :)
    Blog Entries
    I guess it depends on how you think your little one will do. I know some people who started their little ones on baby cereal at a month or 2 old. The only person her really knows there baby is momma...so its up to them.

I didn't start YDD on baby food/cereal until 6 month since she was a NICU baby. I read not to start them on things early. With ODD it was about 4 or 5 month.

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    back in the day it was normal to feed cereal at 6-8 weeks and start foods at 3-4 months-

both my kids started that early-

and it depends on what she is trying to feed her.
    I don't want to say actual baby food, because she could've just worded it wrong and meant cereal. But I'm not going to lie...if she actually is attempting to feed her baby actual baby food in an attempt to cut back on formula costs, I'll be really sad.

But, I'm not saying she is or she isn't because obviously, I don't know.

I was just genuinely curious as to whether you could feed babies baby food at 3 months. I didn't know if I was wrong on the 'norms'.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Depends on if the baby can handle it. Probably why it didn't go so well. Keira had cereal in her bottle at 2 months, and then baby food about 5-6months.
  8. Senior Member
    Cj had baby food and cereal for the first time at 2.5 months. He ate it so well and has never had any allergies/digestive problems. It's guidelines for a reason, not a "rule." I knew my child was not getting enough from formula. He was drinking 100 plus ounces a day and still always hungry. He is now 8.5 months and while he still drinks formula (over the recommended amount for his age still, he is a piggie lol) he also eats quite a bit of normal food now.
  9. Senior Member
    It's not what is reccommended, but I doubt it's going to seriously harm her child. And just because she's trying foods, doesn't mean she's doing it to cut back on formula costs.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Anabelle has eaten baby food. She is four months.
    Her first food was not cereal. She ate avocado and did wonderfully.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast