Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Losing the weight?

1. Mombie.
    Mombie.

Question Losing the weight?

Advertisements
    I'm not sure how it happened, but I dropped weight like nothing in the last 3 weeks.

I was 145lbs when I got pregnant with Madison, 172lbs at delivery and now (3 weeks post) I'm at 140lbs. 32lbs just gone. With Emma, I never lost the weight. It just hung around like I wanted it there and I'm going nuts trying to figure out how so much has fallen off so quickly. I'm already back in pre-pregnancy jeans and maybe 2-3 pounds from feeling good in my pre-pregnancy shirts.

How long did it take you to get back to a comfortable weight?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Keygan is eighteen months and I'm still 21 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I lost all my pregnancy weight in the first 3 weeks, but I still can't fit in my jeans. Explain that
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Weight wise I am at the weight I should be. 135lbs, however for me it's the flab/mushroom top that I'm not happy with. Toning is all I need. And this week starts the butt kicking.

you looked GREAT the other day when I saw you...even though you claimed you looked "poopy"
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    As for how you lost the weight so fast, breastfeeding can do some amazing stuff
  6. Senior Member
    for future reference

I won't be breastfeeding, so that's pretty much out for me.

I'm hoping that good old diet and exercise will work after I have the baby, but I'm unsure as to how much time I'll have to actually get on my treadmill with a new baby.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    for future reference

I won't be breastfeeding, so that's pretty much out for me.

I'm hoping that good old diet and exercise will work after I have the baby, but I'm unsure as to how much time I'll have to actually get on my treadmill with a new baby.
    That mostly depends if your gym has daycare or not. That seems to be my big issue. Applying at the YMCA tomorrow since they have a daycare room.
  8. Senior Member
    Ugh! So jealous! I was 198 at delivery and weighed 173 this morning, which is 11 days postpartum. I still have at least 30 lbs to lose, and probably 35 if I want to be at my smallest weight. Every day the weight keeps coming off...hopefully once I can do more than walk, I can get back on track.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Ugh! So jealous! I was 198 at delivery and weighed 173 this morning, which is 11 days postpartum. I still have at least 30 lbs to lose, and probably 35 if I want to be at my smallest weight. Every day the weight keeps coming off...hopefully once I can do more than walk, I can get back on track.
    Well, just take it easy. You burn about 1000 calories every day just making breast milk. As long as you continue with light exercise and healthy eating habits I think it will be gone before you know it. They say it takes about 9 months to make a baby and about 9 months to recover. That is why they try to get women to wait a year between each pregnancy, so the body can fully recover.