Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding help Thread

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Breastfeeding help Thread

Advertisements
    So figured I would start a thread for all Breastfeeding mommas!
    I'm working on becoming a LC and want to help educate new mommies, and help those who want to breastfeed. I know not everyone can get to a LC, and I know some are just too shy about it! (I was at first)
    I'm still learning alot, but if I dpn't have an answer I will try and find it!
    So any and all questions welcome you can also pm too.

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/allergy.shtml
    This lists all things you should avoid if you've been told to cut dairy out of your diet to see if it helps with your LO's allergies.
    Last edited by Mac N Cheese; 09-02-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    I have a question, although I'm not sure it is a BF problem... Lately Ana seems to want to nurse every 20 minutes. At first I thought it was a growth spurt but then DH pointed out she's not eating as long as she used to (I'm very easily distracted and think that 20 minutes has gone by when it's only been 5) So she'll feed for about 5 minutes, and I can't get her to latch back on or even seem remotely interested in eating again... Is there something I can do or is this just a phase?
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    First thought is cluster feeding, and or using you as a paci. Cluster feeding can be short often feedings. Also she is getting older and the older she gets the quicker she feeds.
    You can try to space the feedings out by first feeding her, but if she acts hungry/wants to suck offer a paci first. It may or may not work. But its most likely just a phase and cluster feeding doesn't last too long. She's just amping up your supply! Your milk is always changing depending on how she feeds.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveChildOfDudi View Post
    First thought is cluster feeding, and or using you as a paci. Cluster feeding can be short often feedings. Also she is getting older and the older she gets the quicker she feeds.
    You can try to space the feedings out by first feeding her, but if she acts hungry/wants to suck offer a paci first. It may or may not work. But its most likely just a phase and cluster feeding doesn't last too long. She's just amping up your supply! Your milk is always changing depending on how she feeds.
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I will try to give her the paci more... She's just barely starting to take it. She would refuse it for awhile and gag herself on it unless she was too tired to fight us. Once she had it she was fine with it. But now she's doing better with it
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't force the paci, but it might help you out. Just don't ignore her real hunger cues
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Just a little
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

The new approach alot of LC are trying to get out is baby led latching. Its not forced and baby decides when and which side it wants to latch.
    Baby is placed on your bare chest and pretty much crawls up to yours breast on its own. its been shown to actually reduce pain too.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Senior Member
    Not really a BF question but do you know how long on avg it takes for your milk to dry up?

I BF the twins for 3 months ( me! I made my goal) and have recently started to wean them down to about 1 feeding a day (sometimes 2) on the breast. I'm ready to completely dry up but I'm also dreading it! Any tips?
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMR View Post
    Not really a BF question but do you know how long on avg it takes for your milk to dry up?

I BF the twins for 3 months ( me! I made my goal) and have recently started to wean them down to about 1 feeding a day (sometimes 2) on the breast. I'm ready to completely dry up but I'm also dreading it! Any tips?
    haven't really gotten to the weaning part, but from personal experince once I was down to one feed a day it wasn't too bad. (but I had a single baby )
    Wearing a tight sports bra helped me, and make sure to avoid any nipple touching to release a let down of any kind. Also wrapping boobies in cabbage help! (of course then you stink )
    Great job for making it to 3 months with twins! With them being premature you did them a great job with your boobie milk !
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveChildOfDudi View Post
    haven't really gotten to the weaning part, but from personal experince once I was down to one feed a day it wasn't too bad. (but I had a single baby )
    Wearing a tight sports bra helped me, and make sure to avoid any nipple touching to release a let down of any kind. Also wrapping boobies in cabbage help! (of course then you stink )
    Great job for making it to 3 months with twins! With them being premature you did them a great job with your boobie milk !
    Thank you. I've heard cabbage. Gross! But I'll try it...

They should tell teenagers about this glorious part of being a mom in sex Ed.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast