Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am starting to think there is something wrong with Nikaia...

1. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Sad I am starting to think there is something wrong with Nikaia...

Advertisements
    I know I shouldn't compare her to other babies, and babies develop at different rates... but I am starting to think there may be something wrong with Nikaia. She is almost 7 and a half months old and she has no interest and is barely making any progress towards crawling. She doesn't even really roll over. I see babies that are half her age that can lift themselves up on their hands and knees and she is just barely starting to even try to get on her knees and that is really wobbly and she gives up right away. Most of the time when she is on her belly she doesn't even try to do it at all.

I know that she is an only child/oldest child and that can make a difference, and I think maybe her super chubbiness makes it harder for her, but I am starting to worry. I don't want her to be delayed or have problems.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Babies start to learn to crawl between 6-10 months. She's got time

Developmental milestones: Crawling | BabyCenter
  3. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Just out of curiosity, do you guys typically carry her around with you? I've heard that if everything is just brought to them and they have no real incentive then they may not even try. But, I'm honestly not a mom and have no clue. In my inexperienced mind I would try to find something that she really liked and entice her with it. If she wants it, she's gotta crawl to get it.

And talk to her physician about it, they should be able to help or at least point you in a good direction. In my experience, just with family/friends/pharmacy, mothers worry about a lot and usually go to the worst possible cause first. It's something about being female, I swear.

I'm hope my non-mom advice is at least somewhat reasonable!
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    7 1/2 months is just fine. My DD was 10 months before she started crawling. Cripes at 7 months she was barely sitting on her own. She walked at 13 months and she is now 6 1/2 and completely capable. dont worry, your DD is fine, if the Dr saw something to be concerned about, you would know
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We don't carry her around a lot, but I am starting to second guess how much tummy time we give her. You know, the whole "maybe if I gave her more she would be more mobile" thing. We do put her down on her belly every day with a toy and let her go as long as she will. Sometimes that's 30 minutes at a time when she is being especially moody, and sometimes it's for over an hour.
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I didn't crawl till I was 14months then didn't walk till I was almost 20months no reason I just preferred to roll everywhere I had no interest in walking apparently. She also still has time to start trying
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    ODD was 10 months when she started to SCOOT. She actually started crawling the day before I had YDD(ODD was 10.5 months). She is fine now, but she ws a chubby baby so it just took her a little longer to lug her big tushy around.

8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by AwwSnail View Post
    7 1/2 months is just fine. My DD was 10 months before she started crawling. Cripes at 7 months she was barely sitting on her own. She walked at 13 months and she is now 6 1/2 and completely capable. dont worry, your DD is fine, if the Dr saw something to be concerned about, you would know
    Aw, thank you. This makes me feel better. The one thing I have been holding onto is that she started sitting up on her own for long periods of time at around 5 and a half months. That seemed like a reasonable age to me so I try to remind myself of that to calm myself down. Maybe I just need to find her some more incentive and give her more time.

Thanks.
  9. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Also, remember. Most of the time, babies will either work on vocal or mobile skills, never both at the same time. ODD was talking very well at 10 months, but didn't crawl. YDD was crawling at 6 months, but didn't talk until 18 months.

10. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    We don't carry her around a lot, but I am starting to second guess how much tummy time we give her. You know, the whole "maybe if I gave her more she would be more mobile" thing. We do put her down on her belly every day with a toy and let her go as long as she will. Sometimes that's 30 minutes at a time when she is being especially moody, and sometimes it's for over an hour.
    Don't second guess yourself! You're a great mother and it sounds like you're doing a wonderful time with tummy time and all that! She still has plenty of time and even if she is a little delayed (which it doesn't sound like she is) then she has plenty of time to make up for it. You never know, you may have a future track star on your hands
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast