Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby not liking daddy?

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Baby not liking daddy?

Advertisements
    Did anyone else have this problem? Ansley is ebf, so I've always been the one to ddo everything. Dh will do what I ask, like if I ask him to change her etc, he will he bathes her most of the time etc and he talks to her but she doesn't like to be held by him. She will smile and talk to him but my other 2 weren't like this and were not ebf. Was anyone else's baby like this?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Keira is the opposite, she prefers daddy over me. It breaks my heart. She wasn't breastfed, but I had major depression troubles when she was younger that are just now working themselves out. I don't talk about it much, because it's painful. Hopefully it's just a phase. Is there any way he can have a "father/daughter day" with just her?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    there is a very strong bond between a mother and the baby when EBF is practiced, its been shown time and time again... once the baby is moving around more and eating more solids, I've noticed that the baby comes around to spending more time with the other parent. No need to rush this though eventually he was more of a celebrity, someone to get super excited about cuz there was good times and giggles, then when it was time to be comforted and snuggled, she wanted her momma... it evens out more as she aged. thats been our experience anyway.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    Keira is the opposite, she prefers daddy over me. It breaks my heart. She wasn't breastfed, but I had major depression troubles when she was younger that are just now working themselves out. I don't talk about it much, because it's painful. Hopefully it's just a phase. Is there any way he can have a "father/daughter day" with just her?
    its good that she had her daddy during those times, too
    everyday is a new day and a new opportunity... kids are forgiving and adapt well. Sorry you had a tough time in the beginning, I had post partum depression with my older DD hang in there
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    No, bc she is ebf and I don't get more than half an oz when I pump so

Quote Originally Posted by AwwSnail View Post
    its good that she had her daddy during those times, too
    everyday is a new day and a new opportunity... kids are forgiving and adapt well. Sorry you had a tough time in the beginning, I had post partum depression with my older DD hang in there
    I have ppd too, it def sucks

And I was wondering if maybe ebf could play a part in it, if at all. She just reallllllyyyyy wants mommy for everything, which is fine, gets me out of things but I don't want him to feel bad ya know? She won't even let him rock her to sleep. He says it's bc he has a hard chest and she has 2 nice pillows when I rock her
  6. Banned
    Banned
    ya. the quacks out here wouldn't diagnose me with it, they said I was just too overwelmed. I was depressed. I had problems with my birth mom around then and needed a mother figure to be there and I didn't have one. DH was amazing because he did everything! I am very grateful for him. But it's been over a year now and she still prefers him for most of the stuff.

I mean she comes to me, and smiles, laughs and says "I love you" but, we don't have the bond we should have.

OP...I tried pumping too and thats about all I got.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

If it mkes you feel better, Bella usually prefers Brent over me most of the time
  8. Banned
    Banned
    DH had the option to go out of town for a week for work soon...I told him YES GO! I'd like a week bonding time with DD.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    No, bc she is ebf and I don't get more than half an oz when I pump so

I have ppd too, it def sucks

And I was wondering if maybe ebf could play a part in it, if at all. She just reallllllyyyyy wants mommy for everything, which is fine, gets me out of things but I don't want him to feel bad ya know? She won't even let him rock her to sleep. He says it's bc he has a hard chest and she has 2 nice pillows when I rock her
    Go with that!!! Say, "oh honey its because yours pecs are just far too hard and musclely"

Have him introduce the solids that helped a lot. She'll come around... I'd call it a phase...but also try to have mommy, daddy, and baby time... go lay down all together and increase that time. Like nurse her and have Dad stroke her hair. Its all about the closeness and that bond, bring him into it, if he's open to it

this is making me think about babies
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by AwwSnail View Post
    Go with that!!! Say, "oh honey its because yours pecs are just far too hard and musclely"

Have him introduce the solids that helped a lot. She'll come around... I'd call it a phase...but also try to have mommy, daddy, and baby time... go lay down all together and increase that time. Like nurse her and have Dad stroke her hair. Its all about the closeness and that bond, bring him into it, if he's open to it

this is making me think about babies
    Hecsays he understands and is okay with it. I just didn't want him to feel bad.

Leyley hates her head rubbed she's such an oddball

Thx for the ideas tho, I'll have to remember the cuddling one!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast