Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone's babies on Zantac?

1. MDB
    Advertisements
    i have tried it for the last few days and she either spits it back at me or spits up right after. I'm gonna try it for two weeks and if there is no change i'm gonna stop. I really am not found of giving her medicine right now.
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    They're right that it won't really reduce the spitting up, just the pain associated with it if she has any pain. I put Ella on it when she was less than 2 months old (I think?) because she began crying in pain immediately after spitting up. It did seem to help relieve the pain, so that was good! She still spit up a ton though. Then she started having other symptoms (blood in her stools), so I decided to eliminate dairy as that is the most common culprit. Her spitting up has definitely decreased since I eliminated dairy. She still spits up a lot but not like she used to, that's for sure!! She's also three months old. Oh and I took her off the Zantac several weeks ago after I noticed the other improvements when I eliminated dairy completely, and she now seems fine without it. Since your daughter doesn't seem to be in pain, I probably wouldn't bother, because I don't think it'd change anything.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    OH and it has a minty taste that made my daughter gag EVERY time. So I was more than happy to stop giving it to her! LOL
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    That sounds EXACTLY like what Juliana is like!! is getting bigger so he said he isn't worry about it, I really don't want to not be able to breastfeed anymore but if i need to switch to a formula to help her then i will.
    As someone told me on another board, excessive spitting up (as long as baby isn't in pain and is thriving) is a laundry problem, not a health problem!! You definitely do not need to stop breastfeeding. Some babies just spit up a LOT in the early months before their digestive systems mature. I know it's annoying but she'll likely outgrow it as she gets older. It sounds to me like she's doing fine. I know the spitting up gets annoying (never fails I put her in a cute outfit and she soaks it before it's on for 5 minutes LOL), but I wouldn't stop breastfeeding because of it.
  5. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    As someone told me on another board, excessive spitting up (as long as baby isn't in pain and is thriving) is a laundry problem, not a health problem!! You definitely do not need to stop breastfeeding. Some babies just spit up a LOT in the early months before their digestive systems mature. I know it's annoying but she'll likely outgrow it as she gets older. It sounds to me like she's doing fine. I know the spitting up gets annoying (never fails I put her in a cute outfit and she soaks it before it's on for 5 minutes LOL), but I wouldn't stop breastfeeding because of it.
    i told DH i was gonna mail him some of her spit up so he could feel at home lol. Her spitting up just worries me that she isn't getting everything she needs. Dairy bothers me so i don't really eat/drink it to often. She is only in the 20% for her age but i guess since they aren't worried then i shouldn't be. I would like to make it another 3 months at least BFing(going back on birth control then so it kicks in before homecoming lol) unless her doctors tell me other wise.

Thank you so much ladies for everyone's input makes me feel so much better knowing other people who have gone though the "happy spitter" issue lol
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

im sure even on formula she'd spit up, maybe even more bc of the bubbles & gas from the bottles I see no reason why you would need to stop bfing her unless YOU wanted to. Perhaps Juliana is just petite? I think Sarah's little girl (imakelotsababies) is petite too and did just fine on BM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12