Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding..

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Breastfeeding..

Advertisements
    I'm kinda tired of breastfeeding. I mean, I kno it's what's best for her but I feel tired of it and then I feel guilty for thinking of stopping just for selfish reasons. I know formula is fine, but I still feel bad for wanting to stop so I keep pushing on all the while telling myself that it's just for a short time in the bigger picture.

Im just tired of breastfeeding though but can't stop feeling guilty about wanting to stop for my own reasons. I feel selfish.
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I know the feeling hun. With ODS I stopped for several reasons (we wanted to get again and I had no sign of ) but one of the biggest was that I just needed my body back to myself. It is one of those things that it isn't going to be any good to her if you are stressed out about it. Have you tried pumping so that your DH can feed her every once in a while? I am kind of at the same point right now because YDS doesn't give me a break but I also can't stop because he won't take a bottle or sippy
  3. Senior Member

I never breastfed either of my children...

You just need to do what is right for you.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    my doctor always told me, as long as you and baby are happy... i stopped breastfeeding DD1 around 7 months and DD2 was a lifer if I didn't cut her off. Don't feel guilty you're an amazing mom whether you breastfeed or formula feed.
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

No I don't pump bc I don't get much in one session.

I also don't know what is right for me bc I'm torn I guess. I feel guilty about wanting to stop and selfish. But I also feel that I want my body back, I want to be able to switch on/ off from mommy and with breastfeeding I find that hard to do mentally and psychically for some reason.

I like breastfeeding sometimes but I also feel so tired of it. I just dont know what to do and am worried that if I stop I may regret it .
  6. Senior Member

You won't regret it...

If you are questioning it then it sounds like you are done.
  7. Regular Member
    I totally know how you feel. DD wont take a bottle no matter what and I think the knowledge of being her only food source is freaking me out a bit. The thing about BFing is that if your hearts not in and you're really not happy with it, then it's not always worth it. You put in some good time and that's worth alot. Maybe just keep going for a couple more months? Who knows. I do know that once they start on solids along with BFing it really doesn't seem as rough. With DS I was so sick of BFing around 7 months and then he started really eating actual food more and it freed me up to live me life quite a bit more with only occasional nursing.
  8. Senior Member
    I feel you sooooo much. I kinda hate how much I empathize. With the supply issues we (still) have, and not feeling adequate for so long, and all the other crap we went up against--I definitely catch myself wanting my body back and catch myself thinking "again?...so soon?!?"

I've found myself pricing formula (we've manged to not have to buy it yet even though we're supplementing) and pondering applying for WIC. It's all I can do to drag my ass downstairs to pump at night since DD sleeps through the night right now.

Then, I talked myself out of it...because...wait for it...............

Not only is it best for her and cheaper than formula and I might never get to do this again, but we already have SO MUCH invested in nursing bras and pump/pump parts and nursing pads. zOMG, noooo, can't waste that money!

Sorry for my sardonic diatribe, but I just want you to know that I really feel like you do. Sad, guilty, exhausted, and in my case, a bit overwhelmed. And I only have one. YOU are an awesome mommy, and it's apparent how much all 3 of your kiddos are loved. Don't sweat it; this is just one drop in the great big pond that will be Ansley's life.
  9. It is what it is....
    It is what it is....
    I understand where you feel "guilty" but you need to remember you need to do what you feel is best for both YOU and baby. Many children are formula fed and are just as healthy as breast fed babies.

I also feel guilty that I am not planning on breast feeding, but I am deciding not to. It is a stupid reason why I feel guilty, but it is mainly because people always come at me with "You know it is best for baby" or "how can you not breastfeed your baby" When it comes down to it, it is a decision that is best for me and as long as my baby is not suffering from it, I am ok with that.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Your a great mom either way!
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    You won't regret it...

If you are questioning it then it sounds like you are done.
    I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. I wanted to stop several times with my daughter because we had rough patches along with the pedi blaming her being small on her not getting enough (Which was not true. She is still very small and has been on whole milk and eats like a pig since December.) I pushed on each time and was happy I did. She nursed until 14 months and self weened due to my milk supply being low and changing because I was pregnant.

Jamie, do what you feel is right for you. I do understand the guilt. I felt guilty when Annabella weened because I was pregnant and I felt like I ruined it for her even though she was 14 months.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast